Scatman's Grizzly Lake hike, 2022

Great report and beautiful photographs @Pringles.

I'm liking your story telling as well. . . its nice to see that your librarian syndrome comes with a side of humor. :)

lol ......... Scat only planned 8 miles? What happened.
Don't worry Bob. There are a couple 16+ mile days in a future report or two. :p

What a wonderful write-up @Pringles. I'm telling you right now that I'm hiring you to write my next trip report. :) How much might you charge for such an endeavor? :thinking: Your descriptive style makes me feel like I was right there with you.

Librarian Syndrome - I like that. Do you think my daughter will get it too?

It was such a pleasure to meet you, along with the other forum members that I hadn't met before. I so enjoyed our chats, and thanks for showing off your tarp\hammock combination to me. I'm not sure I'm brave enough for the hammock setup yet in grizzly country, but we'll see if I can get there eventually.

I have to apologize to you though. I took group picture on our last day, and alas, you were not in it. A reminder to myself that I need to do the group shot on day one instead of procrastinating.

I've never really had an issue with bison in the past, but I agree that they do like to stare. I've got some bison stories to tell from my next trip to Joseph's Coat Springs and Wapiti Lake.

I've got my pictures loaded up to my Flickr account now, so I can start going through them and seeing what I want to include in my trip report.

Thank you so much for the kind words. I always worry about putting too much information in.

Librarian Syndrome, aka Librarian Personality Disorder, I use that when I want people to know I’m just as likely to stick my foot in my mouth and chew as I am to say something that seems thoughtful and eloquent. I remember a librarian who said he’d heard a lot of librarian jokes, and a lot of (in this case) lawyer jokes, and he’d rather be the librarian. Your daughter may develop the issue, or not. It’s a great fall back. It’s also a great career, that can be very fulfilling. Though, I’m sure she is going into it for the prestige and money. <joking, rolling eyes>

I especially enjoyed the time around the fire. I actually have ordered a set of those little tins with wax in them, City Bonfire is a brand name. I figured that at a few ounces, I could haul one in to a campsite, and sit in its little flicker, then put it out quickly. I’d likely hang it in the food bag, but I figure that pouring a little cold water over the container after the fire’s out would cool it quickly. I think I’d rather carry something like that than Russ with starting, and then putting out, a real fire. I had one on my short hike a couple of days ago, but there were no fires allowed, so I didn’t use it. Sadly, the best place to set up a tent had been turned into a fire area by someone.

I am quite happy to know I missed Picture Day. :) You should have Picture Day at the beginning, when people are clean and tidy.

I hope I can go again on another hike with you and the group.

I thought dinner wasnt agreeing with you.........

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
scatman The Wyoming Range (Scatman version) - June 26, 2023 Backpacking 21
Rockskipper Who wants to pitch in to get these for @Scatman when he goes bogging? General Discussion 15
Rockskipper Big Day - Please participate, esp. Scatman! General Discussion 9
Bob New trip for Scatman...... Trip Planning 34
kwc Toasting @Scatman? General Discussion 71
Ben Does @Scatman need to go? General Discussion 55
TheMountainRabbit Report: Grizzly 399 has emerged from the den — with one cub General Discussion 2
scatman Grizzly Lake - September 7, 2022 Backpacking 31
kwc A Few More Photos from Scatman’s Grizzly Lake trip … Backpacking 3
scatman Grizzly Lake - Yellowstone National Park - September - 2022 Meet Up (Members Only) 149
forest dweller Grizzly Bear Kills Backcountry Guide Near Yellowstone, Investigators shot and killed the bear after it charged. General Discussion 13
napatony13 Trinity Alps-Grizzly Peak Trail Hiking & Camping 0
LarryBoy IGBC Prepares for Grizzly Return to Bitterroots General Discussion 17
W "Cooking clothes" in grizzly country General Discussion 10
K 38 Years Ago Today ... Close Grizzly Bear Encounter in Wyoming's Teton Wild. Everything Else 2
T Grizzly bears in Wind River Mountains Noobs: Introduce yourself! 12
tropicalwanderer What to do: Grizzly in camp at night General Discussion 22
WasatchWill Wyoming Grizzly Range Tracker and DMA General Discussion 11
scatman Grizzly Encounter - Telemetry Podcast General Discussion 0
Rockskipper First grizzly bear sighting of 2019 reported in Yellowstone NP General Discussion 12
Artemus Grizzly Bear Expansion Map General Discussion 23
WasatchWill Incredible grizzly attack survival story General Discussion 7
Bob Grizzly..... General Discussion 4
Dave Grizzly encounter in Glacier Backpacking 20
Jackson Hiker Killed by Grizzly Bear in Yellowstone General Discussion 59
Joey Trip Videos: Grand Teton's Paintbrush Divide, Grizzly Bear Lake, Avalanche Canyon, Snowdrift Lake Backpacking 14
Joey 4 Night trip in the Tetons, Grizzly Bear Lake, Paintbrush Divide, Littles Peak Backpacking 18
Aldaron Grizzly Attacks General Discussion 1
Yellowstone 1 Grizzly Lake, Yellowstone Trip Planning 0
Tyler Little Cottonwood Canyon hiking: Catherine Pass to Grizzly Gulch July 2007 Hiking & Camping 2
scatman Grebe Lake - September 4th through the 6th, 2024 Meet Up (Members Only) 20
K How long in Lake Bled? Trip Planning 1
wsp_scott Yellowstone Lake to Brooks Lake (Aug 2023) Backpacking 16
Mikjik86 Backpacking Indian Peaks Wilderness - King Lake - August, 2023 Backpacking 0
Ugly Two Popular Lake Basins in the Cascades Backpacking 12
TheMountainRabbit Ortenburger Lake, Talus Lake, & Glacier Peak (Grand Teton NP) - October 2023 Backpacking 14
kwc Fall hike to Chase Lake, Southern Adirondacks Hiking & Camping 1
TrektheWorld Red Deer Lake & Beyond Backpacking 10
shredhiker Thorofare, Heart Lake, Snake River Sept. 2023 Backpacking 16
Bob Wind Rivers - Short Trip to Cook Lake Trip Reports 9
regehr (Uintas) Lake Fork Fun Backpacking 8
Timber High Sierra - North Lake to South Lake Loop - Layover Day Trip Planning 9
kwc Limekiln Lake paddle On The Water 0
shredhiker YNP Fawn Pass to Sportsman, Crescent, Shelf Lake Backpacking 11
Bob The Thorofare to Brooks Lake - 9 Days in Pictures Backpacking 10
Janice Lizard Head Plateau - overlook Upper Cathedral Lake? Trip Planning 15
uintafly Chepeta Lake to Hayden Pass Trip Planning 0
DrNed Naturalist Basin: Blue Lake to Shaler Lake? Trip Planning 12
shredhiker YNP Fawn Pass to Sportsman & Crescent Lake Trip Planning 14
kwc Jockeybush Lake- southern Adirondacks Hiking & Camping 0