Post Your Trip Reports & Gear Reviews To Win Free Gear!

Don't forget, there are TWO backpacks being given away. One to the person with the most trip reports and/or gear reviews and the other will be drawn randomly. You get one entry in that drawing for every trip report or gear review you post. They don't have to be new trip reports so dig back into your archives! Minimum 5 images or a video per TR or 3 images or a video for GR, see the first post in this thread for details. Even if you only post one trip report, the second pack could be yours. ;)

Just over two weeks left! :D

Two weeks left to get your trip reports and gear reviews posted. :cool:

I'm thinking there will definitely be some runner up prizes given the awesome number of TR's posted. :)

One week left before I get to unload these packs on some lucky people. Remember, you could win a pack by posting a single trip report, the more you post, the better your chances. For bloggers and those who post in other places, it's a no brainer, just copy and paste! 7 days to go! :D

A bit over 24 hours left in the trip report contest! Still plenty of time to get those last minute trip reports in. Then I get to count through the 220+ trip reports and gear reviews and figure out the winners. o_O I probably should have started on that before now...

New contest announcement coming soon (won't involve trip reports ;)).

A bit over 24 hours left in the trip report contest! Still plenty of time to get those last minute trip reports in. Then I get to count through the 220+ trip reports and gear reviews and figure out the winners. o_O I probably should have started on that before now...

New contest announcement coming soon (won't involve trip reports ;)).

Wait- I thought it was going to be a random drawing!? With maybe 5 of them as mine, I've got about a 2% chance of getting my hands one one of those sweet packs.

Wait- I thought it was going to be a random drawing!? With maybe 5 of them as mine, I've got about a 2% chance of getting my hands one one of those sweet packs.

One pack to a random winner, one pack to the person with the most TR's and GR's. One entry in the random drawing per TR or GR you've posted. :)

Tick tock... less than a couple hours left to get those trip reports in. :)

I'll count up the totals and announce the winners this weekend at which point I will announce the next contest. I'd do it sooner but between new job, school and now a PHP class the last couple of nights, my brain is officially mush. Stick a fork in me... :sleep:

Just got done tallying up all of the trip reports and gear reviews from the contest and WOW! I'm blown away how many we got! 181 total entries, most of which were in the form of trip reports! And that does not count one of my own trip reports!

The winner for the most posts is Tyler with 49 trip reports. Nice job, Tyler! You can swing by my place any time if you want to grab your shiny new Mountain Hardware backpack or I can give it to you when we meet up in Capitol Reef next weekend. Your call.

As for the winner in the random drawing, I will draw the winner on Sunday morning after 9am (March 18, 2012). I want to give everyone a chance to see the totals before I do the drawing. This way if you feel I may have missed one of your trip reports or gear reviews, you have a chance to correct me. After 9am, I will run the drawing and if there are any disputes of the below numbers, sorry, but you had your chance! :p

So congrats to Tyler and I'll post the second winner, along with the next contest on Sunday. Thanks to everyone for contributing so much. BackcountryPost would be nothing without its members! :D

Here are the totals:

Tyler - 49
IntrepidXJ - 40
HomerJ - 16
Deadeye008 - 12
DOSS - 11
Summit - 7
Seldom Seen Anderson - 4
John Fowler - 4
uintahiker - 4
Udink - 4
Yellowstone 1 - 4
Archbishop - 3
Miss Buffalo - 3
dennargle - 2
FourisTheNewOne - 2
wes242 - 2
Duke - 2
Krooked Trails - 2
Alison - 1
pixie1339 - 1
AustinCronnelly - 1
mattvogt7 - 1
cirrus2000 - 1
blueeyes - 1
Desertrat - 1
NateGeesaman - 1
intuitive cat - 1
leatherman - 1

Sweeeeet! You can never have too many packs. I'm thinking we'll likely use this on our trip to CA next month when we backpack to our campsite at Point Reyes. My wife will carry our (then) 6 month old on her front side with the Kelty baby harness and then carry whatever else she can in this pack on her back. I'll have a full review up at the end of April.

I'll just get it from you next weekend Nick. I'll continue to post all my TR's on this site (as well as my personal site) from now on. I'm hoping my content will be more interesting than some of the stuff I posted already.

Drum roll please!

We have a winner! Watch the video below or scroll down and click on the link to see the winner.

Congrats to IntrepidXJ for winning the pack in the random drawing!

Cool way of drawing! :twothumbs: I was only 5 off! Dang!

I won't mention the name of who won as to not spoil the fun of watching the video, but I feel he/she was very deserving of winning! :twothumbs:

Very nice job Nick. Very thorough. Congrats to "that person" for winning the random drawing.

Congratulations Tyler and IntrepidXJ. Keep up the with the cool trip reports.