Post Your Trip Reports & Gear Reviews To Win Free Gear!

Nick

-
I'm happy to announce the first BackcountryPost member contest! We will be doing little things like this fairly often. Sometimes it may be a photo contest, or maybe something on Facebook, this time it's all about adding content to help the site grow.

We are looking for your Trip Reports and Gear Reviews. It can be anything outdoors so feel free to review your kayak, mountain bike, water filter, tent, backpack etc. Same for the trip reports, just so long as it fits in with the BackcountryPost philosophy of responsible outdoor recreation, post it up!

For each Gear Review or Trip Report a member posts during the contest period, they earn one point in the contest. At the end, we will give away two prizes; one to the member with the most points and another winner drawn lottery style from all users who contributed. Each point you gain by posting a Trip Report or Gear Review gives you an extra entry in the drawing and therefore a better chance of winning the prize.

Trip Reports can be new or old, just so long as you haven’t already posted them on BackcountryPost. Trip Reports must be posted to the Trip Reports forum and Gear Reviews must be posted in the Gear forum. Trip reports must contain at least 5 photos or a video as well as two paragraphs about the trip. Gear Reviews must contain at least 3 photos and a fair description of how the gear works and your personal experience in at least two paragraphs. For an example of a great gear review, check out this one posted by Deadeye008.

The two prizes will be the same and the same person can't win both so if you win the prize for the most TRs and Reviews, you'll be out of the running for the drawing.

Now for the really good part.​
Each winner will receive a Mountain Hardwear Fluid 26 Daypack that retails for $110!

Here are the specs:

Thanks to it's light weight, stable carry and well ventilated suspension, this versatile design is our most popular technical daypack.CoolWave Suspension with air channels and breathable spacer mesh backpanel and lumbar provides excellent load support and great ventilation
  • On-the-fly Compression lets you adjust load stability while wearing the pack and without restricting motion
  • HardWave framesheet keeps the back panel flat for a stable fit without compromising flexibility
  • Breathable mesh back panel with air channels for cooling ventilation
  • Adjustable front shove-it pocket holds helmet or extra clothing
  • Zipper-free hydration sleeve holds bladders up to 100 fl.oz. (bladder not included)
  • Zip top pocket with fleece-lined sunglass pocket
  • Stretch side water bottle and stuff pockets
  • Padded mesh shoulder straps
  • Padded mesh waistbelt with two zip pockets
  • Adjustable sternum strap
  • Capacity: 1600 cu.in.
  • Material: 100 denier Cordura® nylon
  • Dimensions (HxWxD): 21x11x11"
  • Weight: 2 lb.
The winners packs will be black as shown.

fluid26-front.png
fluid26-back.png

So what are you waiting for? This contest will run until March 15, 2012 so start putting together those Trip Reports and Gear Reviews now!

The Fine print:
BackcountryPost.com reserves the right to change the rules, terms and conditions of this contest in any way without notice. Threads started between January 16, 2012 and March 15, 2012 are eligible. There will probably be some more fine print here once we figure out what really needs to be in fine print. In the mean time, I hope this satisfies your need to read the fine print.

Oh sure, after I posted all those TR's you go and offer a prize! :p

Hmmm guess I have to raid my old reports and do some re-posting :)

Oh sure, after I posted all those TR's you go and offer a prize! :p

Ya know, I was literally just waiting for someone to say something before I added this tidbit:

Threads started between February 1, 2012 and March 15, 2012 are eligible.

:D

Ya know, I was literally just waiting for someone to say something before I added this tidbit:

Threads started between February 1, 2012 and March 15, 2012 are eligible.

:D
LOL! I was just glad I was the first to give you crap for it!! LOL! :twothumbs:

I think it would be a good idea when posting old trip reports that everyone makes sure they add the date of the trip to the top of the post.

The Fine print:
BackcountryPost.com reserves the right to change the rules, terms and conditions of this contest in any way without notice. Threads started between January 16, 2012 and March 15, 2012 are eligible. There will probably be some more fine print here once we figure out what really needs to be in fine print. In the mean time, I hope this satisfies your need to read the fine print.

I love the fine print :)

Just made an important change to the rules on this one.

We are extremely grateful to those of you who posted Trip Reports and Gear Reviews in the first few weeks after launching the BackcountryPost Community so we have decided that we will be including ALL Trip Reports and Gear Reviews posted from the launch of the site to March 15, 2012 in this contest. So for HomerJ, Deadeye008, John Fowler, Ranger Joe, cirrus2000, Seldom Seen Anderson, blueeyes, Archbishop, IntrepidXJ, pixie1339, Summit and Udink, all of your posts from January will now be counted as entries in this contest. :D

We are extremely grateful to those of you who posted Trip Reports and Gear Reviews in the first few weeks after launching the BackcountryPost Community so we have decided that we will be including ALL Trip Reports and Gear Reviews posted from the launch of the site to March 15, 2012 in this contest. So for HomerJ, Deadeye008, John Fowler, Ranger Joe, cirrus2000, Seldom Seen Anderson, blueeyes, Archbishop, IntrepidXJ, pixie1339, Summit and Udink, all of your posts from January will now be counted as entries in this contest. :D
Awesome!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

LOL! Hope you didn't change the rules because I gave you a hard time! ;) I was really just messing with ya!

Either way, THANKS!!!! :twothumbs:

ps. just noticed the new emoticons! Dig the :cold: one!