Pacific Crest Trail (NOBO) Part 10/10

Well, I guess all good things must come to an end. :( I have so thoroughly enjoyed this series of reports Miya. Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences along the trail with us. Your pictures and descriptions are topnotch. Good luck with your future endeavors, and maybe I can get you two into Jellystone one of these years. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Again Bravo on your accomplishment.

PS - I keep looking at that cut through the trees north (I assume) of the monument in your picture, and wondering what is over that hill? :scatman: I know, it is a curse of mine. :)
Glad you enjoyed it!

I just got back from Yellowstone! But my friends and I just did all the tourist stuff. I need to go back for some hiking!

Haha you will have to go visit the monument and make the trip over the hill and find out! Oooor maybe could see on a map?

Thank you for a wonderful, honest reporting and congratulations on a huge accomplishment. I found this series very inspirational!
I am so glad! Does that mean there is a thru hike in your future?

The PCT is the most interesting. All of your photos are an excellent addition that most books don’t have.

What is it about the PCT that you find the most interesting?

Oh that is cool to know! I always felt like I was taking that 'typical' PCT photo haha

I've previously wondered if I should treat myself to down pants and had even looked at these online. I'd love to hear more about how & when you used them.

I purchased these before trail and used them camping, backpacking, and around my house because I am cheap and don't like to turn on the heat. Unless it is going to be above 60 degrees I ALWAYS bring them. I only sent them home on the PCT about mile 1600 and had my mom send them back to me around 2200.

I put them on as soon as I pitch my tent and change into my PJs. On a couple extremely cold days, I wore them when I was hiking and under my rain pants. I usually don't sleep with them on, but I lay them out inside my quilt so if I roll over I don't feel a draft. Sometimes I would just hug them like a stuffed animal or pillow. Definitely an essential luxury item for me.

I purchased these before trail and used them camping, backpacking, and around my house because I am cheap and don't like to turn on the heat. Unless it is going to be above 60 degrees I ALWAYS bring them. I only sent them home on the PCT about mile 1600 and had my mom send them back to me around 2200.

I put them on as soon as I pitch my tent and change into my PJs. On a couple extremely cold days, I wore them when I was hiking and under my rain pants. I usually don't sleep with them on, but I lay them out inside my quilt so if I roll over I don't feel a draft. Sometimes I would just hug them like a stuffed animal or pillow. Definitely an essential luxury item for me.
Great to know - thanks!

Well "all good things must come to an end" as the saying goes. But, I think I have a solution to this vexing issue.

Clearly, Miya needs to start a Southbound Pacific Crest Trail thruhike. I mean, it's just so obvious I can't believe no one has suggested it. :)

Well "all good things must come to an end" as the saying goes. But, I think I have a solution to this vexing issue.

Clearly, Miya needs to start a Southbound Pacific Crest Trail thruhike. I mean, it's just so obvious I can't believe no one has suggested it. :)
Haha it is unlikely I will hike the PCT again, if I did, it would HAVE to be SOBO, but hiking it southbound is nearly impossible with all the fires and they have closed CA wilderness areas along the PCT due to fires the last two years. I would have to start much earlier than recommended.

There are too many other thru hikes that I would want to do first before ever hitting the PCT again. I am sure there are much less popular trails out there that I would enjoy more :)

Reactions: Ted
Setting a major life-changing goal and then seeing it through is kind of a coming of age experience you never forget.

Congrats on a major achievement!

Last edited:
Setting a major life-changing goal and then seeing it through is kind of a coming of age experience you never forget.

Congrats on a major achievement!

Absolutely! It was really my first goal ever, you know, minus "Get up and work" haha

Wow Miya. Just Wow.

Your reports were a joy to read and your pictures were a treat for the eyes. You capture the details of your surroundings -- both large and small -- so well with your lens. You also give us a good feel for the emotions one must experience when taking on such an adventure.

Thank You for sharing all the details with us, even the less than perfect ones. Knowing you had struggles made me want you root for you even more along your journey. I hope this undertaking helped you to find some peace within yourself. . . our struggles and conflicts of the past will always be part of us, but part of life is finding our own path forward and testing ourselves to see what we are capable of.

It seems you are capable of a lot, and I'm sure this is just the beginning of what you might accomplish. I wish you the best in your future travels. . . if you and Sawyer ever care to experience a little punishment in Yellowstone you are always welcome to join @scatman and I in the backcountry (he already invited you, so it is all good ;) ) Hugh might even pack some extra sushi for you too. He usually eats his on Day 3 or after. :p

Thanks so much @TractorDoc ! I am glad you enjoyed all my ramblings :)

It was a journey that just affirmed the changes in my life and my choices. Also, was finally able to prove something to myself. I know it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but it was certainly mine.

Oh, @scatman and I have tried to coordinate. It will happen! I spent my first visit to Yellowstone being a complete tourist and will share a report one of these days, showing the things you guys have probably seen dozens of times! Hmmm backpacking sushi sounds worrisome to me? but I probably wouldn't turn it down haha

Congrats on your successful hike, you're a badass. I've always wanted to do this, maybe 2023 is the year. Do you think you'll do another thru-hike?

Congrats on your successful hike, you're a badass. I've always wanted to do this, maybe 2023 is the year. Do you think you'll do another thru-hike?
That would be great! I know they did permits already, but I think they do a round 2 in January. I definitely recommend going :)

I hope so! But it isn't the cards right now. I need to wait for my fur babies to pass away or find someone that can watch them both together. If it wasn't for them, I probably would have done another 2 by now haha