Pacific Crest Trail (NOBO) Part 10/10

Congrats! What an accomplishment. I also want to wish you congrats on having the courage to do so. So many times we let our inner fears, doubts, etc. stop us from making our dreams reality. In having that courage, I find is the greatest accomplishment.

Congrats! What an accomplishment. I also want to wish you congrats on having the courage to do so. So many times we let our inner fears, doubts, etc. stop us from making our dreams reality. In having that courage, I find is the greatest accomplishment.
Yes 100% and I never really considered myself "fearful" but I was! Scared of so many things, but mostly scared I would fail and embarrass myself. So glad I got out of my own way :)

I've never done anything close to a trip this long but somehow what you said about the importance of it for you resonated so clearly for me. Bravo.

Maybe a thru hike is in your future?! haha

Yup that one is on my list! Along with the Florida Trail, Idaho Centennial, Continental Divide, Ice Age, and Pacific Northwest.

Hayduke trail. Or maybe Grand Canyon to Utah? The desert southwest is fantastic

Hayduke trail. Or maybe Grand Canyon to Utah? The desert southwest is fantastic

I have never heard of Hayduke. Thru hiking in the desert never appeals to me, but I LOVED the desert portion of the PCT so much and I love Death Valley, so I should probably add a desert thru hike to my wishlist.

Great accomplishment Miya. Loved the Trip Reports. Absolutely wonderful experience, thanks for sharing!

Awesome trip and a great series of trip reports, thanks for sharing

Congratulations @Miya
Fascinating to follow your PTC journey, loved the stories & the photos and it’s nice to have you back on BCP. :cool:

Remember the Miya from a few years ago who brought us along as she learned to backpack? From novice to seasoned adventurer in a relatively short period of time. Dang straight, touching that Monument was a victory. Rock on Miya!

Remember the Miya from a few years ago who brought us along as she learned to backpack? From novice to seasoned adventurer in a relatively short period of time. Dang straight, touching that Monument was a victory. Rock on Miya!
Haha right! I was such a noob just a handful of years ago. Thanks to you guys I was able to learn so much and get out there make it happen :)

Congratulations Miya ... your reports were such an enjoyable read ...

I always enjoy reading the PCT Gear Survey each year, so I wonder what you thought of your own gear :

Best/Worst items ?
Items you regret taking ?
Items you regret not taking ?

Well, I guess all good things must come to an end. :( I have so thoroughly enjoyed this series of reports Miya. Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences along the trail with us. Your pictures and descriptions are topnotch. Good luck with your future endeavors, and maybe I can get you two into Jellystone one of these years. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Again Bravo on your accomplishment.

PS - I keep looking at that cut through the trees north (I assume) of the monument in your picture, and wondering what is over that hill? :scatman: I know, it is a curse of mine. :)

Thank you for a wonderful, honest reporting and congratulations on a huge accomplishment. I found this series very inspirational!

Thank you for posting. I enjoyed reading about your wonderful accomplishment very much.

Was it the Zen monks who said, “when you reach the top of the mountain, keep climbing. “

Your entire trip report is very enjoyable. I’ve read several books by those who hike the various long trails and know a couple who have hiked the shorter Arizona trail. The PCT is the most interesting. All of your photos are an excellent addition that most books don’t have.

Thanks for taking us along on your journey of inner and outer discovery, with the fine narrative and excellent photography!

Congratulations Miya ... your reports were such an enjoyable read ...

I always enjoy reading the PCT Gear Survey each year, so I wonder what you thought of your own gear :

Best/Worst items ?
Items you regret taking ?
Items you regret not taking ?

Aww this survey was something I looked forward to completing the entire length of the trail! I don't feel like my input was reflected in the results haha, but it was still fun to complete and reminisce!

Best Item: This is really difficult to choose, because for the dozen or so items you carry with you, they are ALL you own and all you need. Each item is so important and becomes precious to you. I suppose the items I looked forward to using everyday was my Montbell Down Pants and my Enlightened Equipment Enigma 10 quilt.

Worst Item: Ummm I suppose the only gear that had problems getting through the entirety of the trail was my Tarptent Stratosphire Li. The fly zippers started to fail in the Sierras. I would clean the tent and use zipper lube on my days off, but eventually I just gave up and all 8 zippers on the fly and body failed and I slept with an open tent. I have since sent the body in and had all the zippers repaired. I thought I fixed the fly, but seems like I will need to send that in too. Also, the cups that keep the trekking pole tip from tearing through the fly fell off in the desert and I had to glue them back in. Since the beginning, the Dyneema has been getting pinholes, probably because of how I pack it? I am keeping the tent, but I don't think it could make it through another long distance trail.

Regret taking: I guess I wouldn't carry my tripod again, because I only used it once, but I don't really regret taking it. It was light and I didn't notice it.

Regret not taking: Nothing. I had everything I needed! :)