Noobs: Introduce Yourself!

Do you know Kurt Robinson?
I don't think so. But I'm better with faces than names so maybe. I am curious to 'swimming in the Wave' though.

I don't think so. But I'm better with faces than names so maybe. I am curious to 'swimming in the Wave' though.

He guides for Paria Outpost, Dreamland Safari Tours, and a few others (tall guy with long dark hair in a ponytail, Kanab native). 2 years ago he took me to the Wave after a massive flash flood and the Wave was filled to capacity. It was really hot so he and I went swimming in it-it was past my waist deep. Got some really good photos:

Let's try this again:
Code:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/laura_zirino/7317057098/

Do you teach canyoneering Brutus? My boyfriend and I are looking to get into that but not sure where to start.

Hey everyone. My name's Brett from Georgia. I've done a few overnight trips, and my favorite was a 3 day/2 night trip to Cumberland Island off the coast of Georgia. Hopefully I can learn a few things here.

Hi everyone, I'm Chris from Northern Colorado, near Fort Collins. I do a lot of local backpacking in the summer and fall, and now I'm looking for places to go when it gets colder. Planning on Buckskin Gulch and the Paria river in a couple weeks, and maybe Canyonlands around Thanksgiving....

Hi Brett and Chris! Paria River is supposed to be a bucket list trip so please make a report when you get back. Have fun!

Hello every one :)
My name is Momo i am photographer/film maker from Cairo , Egypt i really like the website it has a lot of useful information for everyone beginners or pro i would love to share my opinions and experience about photography with every one :) i shoot landscaps - street photography and night shoots long exposure.

I'm Joe. Moved to SW Colorado about 8 years ago from Ohio and have never looked back. Still trying to explore all the Four Corners and San Juans have to offer. Enjoy backpacking, camping, biking, photography and exploring the backroads as much as my Subaru will let me. Hope to get some great ideas for areas to explore from this site.

I'm Joe. Moved to SW Colorado about 8 years ago from Ohio and have never looked back. Still trying to explore all the Four Corners and San Juans have to offer. Enjoy backpacking, camping, biking, photography and exploring the backroads as much as my Subaru will let me. Hope to get some great ideas for areas to explore from this site.

I'm originally from the San Francisco Bay Area, and other than 10 years in the Navy, I had lived there most of my life. I have now lived in Pleasant Grove, Utah for ther past 12 years. A combination of different things brought me to Utah, but I too have never looked back. Most of my life, I have had an avid interest in electronics, and that has been my career path as well as hobby. Now, though it is still my job, it is severely waneing as a hobby as interest in the outdoors increases. As I read this site, it looks as though I might have to take up an interest in photography as well! I do think I may have to settle for my little Cannon camera for a while yet. :giggle:

I do make an annual pilgrimage to Dayton, Ohio for the annual Hamvention (Ham Radio convention). I have been a ham radio operator (N6DGY) since I was 14.

Hello all! I'm new to the site and after lurking from time to time, I finally registered. Love the site and am looking forward to checking out some of the adventures that I've seen here and will hopefully add some of my own to share!

Nick I forgot you started this site. (from the Bogley debacle) Too much info to miss on a lot of my favorite Utah places. :twothumbs:
I live in Steamboat Spgs Co. I have a severe addiction to untracked snow, flyfishing , slot canyons, colorful formations and .... well, you get the idea. Looking forward to catching some good info for future trips.

Hey folks. I'm so glad to be here. I just found you this morning. I am a photographer and my mission is to create exquisite photographs of the American West, and a few other places. Ah shi sle pah is my destination this weekend. Weather is forecast to be perfect chamber of commerce weather; unfortunately. I am new to techie stuff so I have a question that may have a rather obvious answer, but I don't know the answer. Here it is. When I get GPS co-ordinates from the internet, from other folks GPS, and try to find those co-ordinates on Google Earth, Google Earth shows them to be miles from where I know they should be. Does anyone know why?

G'day PG. Long time, no see. Is it snowing yet?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Ah Noel, it shouldn't surprise me that you'd be on this site. Good to see a familiar face. As far as snow goes, just on the upper reaches of the ski area summit. Thankfully none in the valley. It'll be here soon enuf.

Intro—I’m Ryan, have beautiful wife and father of 4. Most of us (my girls tend to be a bit delicate) enjoy roughing it in the uncultivated! Keen on the Rockies, but presently enjoying the views of the Himalayas. Fishing is easily my favorite outdoor craze. Hiking, mt biking, and rock crawling are all a close second.

Hello. Since I page refresh backcountrypost.com all day long at work, I figured I might as well set up an account. Thanks all for the photos and reports. I grew up in SE Utah and this site makes me homesick. Finally went back to visit last week and it was nice to see that some of my favorite hidden spots were still there.