Noobs: Introduce Yourself!

Hello. Since I page refresh backcountrypost.com all day long at work, I figured I might as well set up an account. Thanks all for the photos and reports. I grew up in SE Utah and this site makes me homesick. Finally went back to visit last week and it was nice to see that some of my favorite hidden spots were still there.

Welcome to backcountrypost!

Hey guys. I just discovered BCP.com, but I'm stoked to read all the great posts and share my own experiences from my time "out there." I'm based in Dallas and I'm always looking for a hiking pardner.
Peace

Hi - My name is Bill and I live in Salt Lake City, transplanted from Northern California 30 years ago after graduating from USU. I am a commercial photographer and have spent a lot of my time here exploring Southern Utah with a core group of friends. I also spent my last 7 years as a Scout leader in charge of a coed Venturing crew who on our final trip last summer canoed the boundary waters in Minnesota. This looks like a great site and I have already gained a lot of info for and upcoming trip to Salt Creek this Spring. Hope to contribute in the future.

Where HomerJ talks about BackCountryPost all the time, and sends me links to cool TR I thought it was about time I join up. A little about me, I grew up in Cache Valley Utah hiking the Wellsville Mountains twice a year with my Mom. By the time I was 10 I was hiking all over Utah. In 1998 I made my first trip to the Wind Rivers, I make 1-2 trips a year into my beloved Wind Rivers. In the spring we head for the warmth of Norther Arizona for our 4 day trips. While in N-AZ we put on 30-50 miles on the boots exploring new areas and find some really cool stuff. When I'm not behind the lens of my camera I'm be the lens of my EL's looking for more cools stuff to explore. I hope to post some TR soon.

Where HomerJ talks about BackCountryPost all the time, and sends me links to cool TR I thought it was about time I join up. A little about me, I grew up in Cache Valley Utah hiking the Wellsville Mountains twice a year with my Mom. By the time I was 10 I was hiking all over Utah. In 1998 I made my first trip to the Wind Rivers, I make 1-2 trips a year into my beloved Wind Rivers. In the spring we head for the warmth of Norther Arizona for our 4 day trips. While in N-AZ we put on 30-50 miles on the boots exploring new areas and find some really cool stuff. When I'm not behind the lens of my camera I'm be the lens of my EL's looking for more cools stuff to explore. I hope to post some TR soon.
It's about damn time you signed up! ;)

G'day BackcountryPosters!

What a lovely place you have here! Nick invited me along to have a look. I am a n00b to photography, having just received a gorgeous Canon EOS 60D as an early Christmas gift, NIck kindly suggested on another forum, that I might get some good advice and tips here... looking at the quality of the photos posted I don't doubt it!!!

I live in Regional coastal NSW Australia, and don't do a lot *cough* none *cough* of the hiking/camping malarky! lol I do like my creature comforts! :p But I love looking at the photos, and the trip reports are fascinating, you sure are a talented bunch!

Thank you for having me here, and I hope to get to know you guys on the forums :)

Kim

G'day BackcountryPosters!

Welcome to backcountrypost, Kim! Glad you signed up. Feel free to post questions as you get to know your camera. A lot of folks around here take pro-quality photos but it's still an amazingly noob-friendly environment. :)

Kim, Another Australian on BCP. There may be others but I've never seen them post. I'm regional NSW these days as well but borderline Victorian not coastal.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Hi all!
It seems that I'm one of the few (or even the only?) Swiss guy here.
I am regularly visiting this site for quite a while (and also summit42.com until this site came up) and I enyoy the trip reports very much. Many photos you guys post here are just superb! Thanks a lot for sharing!
Now I decided to not only consuming but also post some reports as well.

In summer 2011, I took my family to the USA for a 4 week trip through the midwest which was very exciting.
The nature was just great! I returned from that holiday so relaxed like never before.
I think I will post some reports from that journey one day, maybe I will post some reports from Switzerland too, if you like.
I'm not a hardcore hiker so I'm not sure whether my reports will be very interesting or not but I think I could at least post some decent pictures here.

Cheers!

P.S.
Although I understand your writing quite well, my writing still might sound a bit strange sometimes because English is not my native language. Feel free to ask me if something is hard to understand or, much worse, means something completely different.

I travel vicariously through all of these trip reports so please Q-see post some reports about Switzerland! Welcome to the forum.

Hey everyone: Love the site. I am an older long time outdoors enthusiast. I first got into outdoor play while growing up in SLC Utah in the 60s. Unfortunately my family eventually settled in the Mid-Atlantic region. I do get back often though. Many years I returned with my kids to play in your mountains. The kids have all moved out, retirement is close and I am always planning new adventures. I enjoy climbing, kayaking/canoeing, backpacking, mnt biking, bike touring and am everyday bike commuter.
Hope to do some more slot canyoneering. Recently I played in Spooky and Peek-a-boo and a few of the easier slots. I really enjoyed the beauty and technical challengers slots offer. I need to learn GPS to access some of the more remote areas though. I plan to read a lot of your trip reports as I plan my trips. Hope you don't mind noob questions dealing with slot canyons but I am sure I will have lots.
Finally, most of you really do a nice job on trip reports and the pictures are spectacular. Best, Charlie

I'm Stephen I was raised in Vernal, Utah and live in Kanab now. I grew up backpacking, fishing, Hiking, with a little climbing. Lately I have been canyoneering with my son and brother.

I'm Lori, I live in MI and I'm a roofer, sider, construction girl and most importantly a country girl!! Haven't done anything like this yet, but it is definitely in my future!

Hey, new here. Pretty much a lurker since this site went up (gravitated here from bogley) and longtime fan on FB as well. Finally decided to formally join.
Living in the 'wilds' of South Florida, this site is my daily vacation. Every day at work during my lunch break, I close the door and surf the latest trip reports. Its my much needed mental break during the day, then back to concrete, strip-malls with palm trees. I truly, truly envy those of you that live in Utah.
I take 1 backcountry trip a year, at its almost ALWAYS to Utah. I've gotten into kayak and canoe camping the past couple of years, as its much more fun floating with gear as opposed to humping a heavy pack.
Looking forward to future trips and suggestions...