Noobs: Introduce Yourself!

Hi everyone! My brother introduced me to this site a while ago, and I decided since it is winter, and the fun times in the mountains are just around the corner it would be good to stop lurking and start posting!

I've lived in Utah a majority of my life, and practically lived in the Uinta mountains during my childhood summers. I am trying to branch out a little bit, recently spending time in Southern Utah and in the Wind Rivers the last few years.

I look forward to sharing my experiences and seeing other's share theirs!

Hi. Nice site! I just stumbled in as I'm searching for a destination for a late March backpack. I'd appreciate any suggestions for favorite loops! I'm looking to get out for ~5 days with my dog and maybe a friend. I'm a climber and Zorba the dog is a good scrambler (and also small enough to be portable), so some technical sections are fine. We do lots of backpacking in Colorado in the summer, but I don't feel like wading through snow for 5 days, so I'm looking for a good desert adventure to start the season.

Greetings from the Land of Enchantment.

I have lots to learn about this web site and how to post stuff. I think I have an idea of the size of images so that should be pretty straight forward.

Seldom Seen gave me a nudge regarding posting some trip events. This is as it should be. So, I need to focus on the trip and the photos to include with the story. This will enable us to trade info on locations. Speaking of fly fishing, I need to restock my fly boxes for a trip to the
San Juan River. See how easy that is?

Adios amigos.

Meanderthal

I'm Dennis Udink. I live in Price, Utah, and I enjoy spending my time anywhere south of here. :D I do most of my outdoor recreation in the San Rafael Swell, but occasionally stray to Moab and other areas.

Udink, good evening:

First of all, thanks very much for posting your images on the web sites. Awhile back, I saw one of your images taken in Emory County, UT. I hope I spelled that right. Anyway, the image was of two rock formations with the moon in the background. That was stunning! Is there a chance you would share that location with me?

Muchas gracias.

Meanderthal

Hi everyone. New to the forum. I've recently decided to get into hiking and backpacking so I've been looking for a good place to find info. Hoping you guys can help me out and I can eventually add to the community.

Hey everyone! I'm James, born and raised in in the DC suburbs of Maryland. I'm about to graduate from college, and I'm looking to start exploring some of the trails out west, beyond the Appalachians I've spent the last couple of years getting to know

New here, ran across the site while searching trip info. Been BPing since late 80's. N AZ, UT, WY, ID. We look to long epic hikes, not much in shorter ones. No interest in long trail hikes (CDT, AP, PCT). Have hike posts on other sites, may get some TR's redone for here for those interested.

Awhile back, I saw one of your images taken in Emory County, UT. I hope I spelled that right. Anyway, the image was of two rock formations with the moon in the background. That was stunning! Is there a chance you would share that location with me?
That would be the Sid and Charley rock formation east of Moore, Utah. Click the photo link below the photo and you'll find the location on the Flickr page. :)

Sid and Charley by Udink, on Flickr

Hi I'm a noob to this site. I stumbled across it trying to find new places to backpack mainly in the uintas. So far I have liked what I've seen on this site. I have to say my favorite place I have been so far is round, sand, and fish lake gotta love all the greyling u can catch up there. It's a challenging hike but it is worth it.

Hey, I'm that brother.

Introduciton:
I was born in Vegas, but it wasn't my fault.

I lived in SLC for a year or two and went to Boise State for undergrad before moving out to DC for grad school. So, in addition to Uinta, Wind Rivers, Sawtooth and Idaho trip reports, I'll post some West Virginia and Shenandoah reports. Don't worry, I'm still a westerner by heart. (you were worried, I know it)

I love looking at this forum - it reminds me of how beautiful the world is, and how little of it I've seen, and how boring my job is.

Finally, in case you're concerned for my barley-beverage well-being, they do sell Uinta and Epic in DC, and the world is thankful for it.

Wonderful to have found a community that is based on the recreation I love the most. Looking forward to getting out this spring.

Hi - I'm Cailley. I moved from Chicago to SLC 2 years ago to enjoy life in the mountains. I have explored a lot in my short time here, but I am really eager to experience all of the outdoor opportunities beautiful Utah has to offer. Last summer I got a pup, and I am so excited to bring him along on my adventures this summer. Nick, your posts on dog-friendly hikes near Escalante have been so very helpful! I am headed down in April - using your trip posts as a guide. I can't wait for some high country camping later this summer. Thanks a lot!

Hey everybody Josh here out of southern Indiana. Now that I am in my thirtys I have decided it is time to spend more time away from work and enjoying the out doors. I am relatively new to backpacking and hiking so trying to learn all I can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Hi - I'm Cailley. I moved from Chicago to SLC 2 years ago to enjoy life in the mountains. I have explored a lot in my short time here, but I am really eager to experience all of the outdoor opportunities beautiful Utah has to offer. Last summer I got a pup, and I am so excited to bring him along on my adventures this summer. Nick, your posts on dog-friendly hikes near Escalante have been so very helpful! I am headed down in April - using your trip posts as a guide. I can't wait for some high country camping later this summer. Thanks a lot!

Awesome! Where are you taking them? Escalante is such a great place for dogs!

Awesome! Where are you taking them? Escalante is such a great place for dogs!
It will just be the first of many quick weekend trips. Since we'll head south on Friday evening, I reserved a spot at Kodachrome for the night. After reading your trip post, I thought a good hike for Saturday would be to hike as far as we could down the Escalante River (from town) before camping for the night and turning back on Sunday morning. Any recommendations? This will be the first hike with the dog.

It will just be the first of many quick weekend trips. Since we'll head south on Friday evening, I reserved a spot at Kodachrome for the night. After reading your trip post, I thought a good hike for Saturday would be to hike as far as we could down the Escalante River (from town) before camping for the night and turning back on Sunday morning. Any recommendations? This will be the first hike with the dog.

Awesome plan! Could still be icy in the shaded bends of the Escalante this time of year. Be prepared for some cold toes. But fortunately the not-so-shady bends should be nice and warm.