Album Moon Shots

I drove to one of the trailheads near Virgin to see the moon rise tonight. I'm still too exhausted and sick from my leg infection to hike, so the drive-by had to do the job.
Unfortunately, I forgot my tripod, so these are just some handheld shots.

moonrise%20copy-XL.jpg

moonrise%202%20copy-XL.jpg

moonrise%203%20copy-XL.jpg

full%20moon%20copy-XL.jpg

Last edited:
The Moon rising last night (4/7/20). This is a composite stack of 2 pictures for focus stack and exposure. I tried to get this picture with the Moon behind the church tower cross but couldn't get everything set up and working in time.
P4070005-Edit.jpg

The Moon setting here in Nebraska this morning (4/8/20).
P4080053.jpg

Last edited:
The Moon rising last night (4/7/20). This is a composite stack of 2 pictures for focus stack and exposure. I tried to get this picture with the Moon behind the church tower cross but couldn't get everything set up and working in time.
View attachment 87841

The Moon setting here in Nebraska this morning (4/8/20).
View attachment 87837

Great shot with the cross.

Zion Moonrise
I had this shot in mind for a long time. I knew I had to shoot it a day before full moon so I would have the nice sunset colors before the moon was coming up. I hiked out to my spot about an hour before moonrise, sat down, and waited. And then I finally got my shot with the weather cooperating and the wind dying down just enough so I could take my picture. Mission accomplished!!
I will definitely repeat the shot next month again as I hope there will not be so much dust in the air. We had a lot of storms the last few days and it definitely affected the air quality a lot.

West%20Temple%20moonrise%20copy-DeNoiseAI-denoise-XL.jpg

Moonrise%20at%20West%20Temple%20copy-DeNoiseAI-denoise-XL.jpg

Zion%20moonrise%20copy-DeNoiseAI-denoise-XL.jpg

I went out to get a photo of this old abandoned Catholic church out in a field in Colfax County, Nebraska before it was to be torn down. Didn't make it before the cross was removed. Parked out in the field about a hundred yards away to illuminate with the headlights._1087715-HDR.jpg