Labor Day Plans

I took Friday off work so I'll have a four-day weekend. I'm still not sure what I'm doing but I'm considering just tooling around the area northwest of Moab and hiking, mountain biking, and camping for a few days.

I've never been so undecided on what to do for a long weekend. My knee is in really bad shape so probably not going to hike much. I reserved a sea kayak and was thinking about taking it out on a multi-day but I might just do some day trips with it a little closer to home.

This long weekend is a special one for me though. I quit my job so after this Friday every weekend could be a long one depending on my workload. I'll be 100% self-employed. :D

I've never been so undecided on what to do for a long weekend. My knee is in really bad shape so probably not going to hike much. I reserved a sea kayak and was thinking about taking it out on a multi-day but I might just do some day trips with it a little closer to home.

This long weekend is a special one for me though. I quit my job so after this Friday every weekend could be a long one depending on my workload. I'll be 100% self-employed. :D

Congratulations Nick! That has got to be an amazing feeling.

Thanks, guys. Totally awesome but pretty scary too. At times like this it's a great thing to have a wife who brings home the bacon (and the benefits). I locked in enough business that the transition should actually be pretty painless financially. It's going to be quite the adjustment not having a 9-5. This might actually take some discipline or something!

What's everyone doing for Labor Day? I'm betting it will be pretty quiet on BCP for a few days.:) I'm planning to backpack to the Red Castle Lakes in the Uintas.

What route are you taking in? If you need any input on campsites to aim for, I might be able to help.

Thanks, guys. Totally awesome but pretty scary too. At times like this it's a great thing to have a wife who brings home the bacon (and the benefits). I locked in enough business that the transition should actually be pretty painless financially. It's going to be quite the adjustment not having a 9-5. This might actually take some discipline or something!

Discipline will definitely be required, but making your own schedule will be worth it!

What route are you taking in? If you need any input on campsites to aim for, I might be able to help.

I was going to do an out and back from China Meadows. One day I'd love to do the Bald Mountain route, but for this trip I'll take the easier way. I'd love some input on campsites! I'm going solo and haven't been out there before, so that would be very helpful.

originally I wanted to backpack in Great Basin NP and also bag Wheeler Peak, but now I have to cancel. Two exams the day after Labor Day, so I have to study :cry::cry:
I guess they do that on purpose with the exams so you can't get out somewhere

Congrats @Nick!

I'm not sure where to go. I'd like to go up on the north slope of the Uintas to get some time at elevation before hitting the Winds in a couple weeks. Tough to think of a place that won't be crowded though.

I assume you already have the rock art there on your agenda, but if not, it's a very quick and easy stop while you're in the area. :)

Actually I really haven't made any plans for the trip. Not sure where the rock art is located.

Actually I really haven't made any plans for the trip. Not sure where the rock art is located.

Oops, I thought I'd posted a trip report here but now I see I didn't. This should help you find it. Go into the alcove just off the highway north of the dam.

IMG_4847.JPG

Congrats, well done and good luck. You should do well. You'll get to spend more time on BCP.

My plans will consist of a hike, a concert, studying, sleeping, working, relaxing, and swimming. I originally wanted to go to gb national park but the people I'd planned going with bailed out a few weeks ago. Besides labor day is a day I get paid more at work so I won't complain.