Interesting New One Person Tent - Review Video Added

Mine is sitting on the kitchen counter waiting for me to give it a pitch.

048338548ef271bac040550f336e3bf3.jpg

I’m really liking this tent! Video review coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got mine in the mail yesterday. Hoping to set it up in the backyard tonight and test it out in the back country ASAP
Be sure to post some feedback when you do... my shipment is over a month away so I am curious.

Guess if you always use trek poles might be decent.... Looks like not freestanding? I'll stick with my tarptent... Picked up a bowfin to try.. 2 lb 4 oz.

Guess if you always use trek poles might be decent.... Looks like not freestanding? I'll stick with my tarptent... Picked up a bowfin to try.. 2 lb 4 oz.

I think Zpacks has carbon fiber tent poles that work with this so that's an option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think Zpacks has carbon fiber tent poles that work with this so that's an option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On the Massdrop discussion board, Dan did say that there were a couple of places you could get suitable carbon fiber or aluminum poles if you did not wish to use your trekking poles.

Thanks for the review Perry... much appreciated. Of course, makes it even tougher to wait out till the end of May or early June to get mine in!

FYI... These are in stock at drop.com right now so you can get one without waiting for a drop. Still $200.00.

How do you like the vents on it? I love my Stratospire 2, which is similar to this one, but the vents are definitely the worst aspect of it for me. I can't remember the last time I spent a night in it without getting any condensation. The vents on this one look a lot bigger and like they would stay open better. And I've been thinking about getting a 1-person backpacking tent now that I'm more willing to go solo.

How do you like the vents on it? I love my Stratospire 2, which is similar to this one, but the vents are definitely the worst aspect of it for me. I can't remember the last time I spent a night in it without getting any condensation. The vents on this one look a lot bigger and like they would stay open better. And I've been thinking about getting a 1-person backpacking tent now that I'm more willing to go solo.

The vents are quite large and have a strut to hold them open. That being said I'm beginning to think condensation in a single wall tent is inevitable. I have six trail nights in the tent and had condensation on the outer which was expected, along with some on my sleeping bag on a few of the nights. This was even when I kept both vents open and one of the doors open all night. It was at or near freezing most of those nights and had frost on the outer on a few of them. I did stay in some low-lying areas when it was the worst but still had some on top of a small ridge. Perhaps the conditions were such that condensation was inevitable.

I really like the tent a lot and have nothing I really don't like about it. Its great for a 2 lb tent for $200 in my book. As you know I also have a Stratospire II as well. I like this tent a lot more. Its very compact slips nicely into pack lying on its side. Super easy and fast to pitch, worth a lot in bad weather. I also like the polyester better than the silnylon... doesn't sag overnight. I don't think you would be disappointed.

Last edited:
Hope you'll also find someone 6'5", put 'im in a 15-degree bag on a 2.5-inch air mat and tell me if he fits. :)

Yeah not sure about that one. I'm 5' 10" and have a 20 degree bag on a Thermarest NeoAir XTherm long (25 X 77) and have plenty of room. So you *might* be okay.

I've been pretty happy with mine, used in SEKI in Aug and in the WV and VA in Oct and Nov (low humidity all these trips). I haven't noticed an excessive amount of condensation.

I am about 5'11 and there is a little space at the ends, I don't think 6'5 would fit

Hope you'll also find someone 6'5", put 'im in a 15-degree bag on a 2.5-inch air mat and tell me if he fits. :)

I'm 5'11'' and don't have much of an issue length wise. I not too big of a guy, 180 lb's but I do find the width to be a little restricting due to the poles.

Nice review! I got in on the first drop, but my wife had a baby last May, so I haven't been able to use it yet. We have an unwritten rule - no trips the summer following a new baby. Looking forward to. I currently use a TT Notch, which I like, but I think I'm going to like this a bit better.