Interesting New One Person Tent - Review Video Added

It looked really good (price, features, weight, designer cred) until the announcement this morning of the 8 month lead time.

I would be so very tempted but not getting it till April of NEXT year? Err... not so sure now.

Looks like a knock off of Sierra Designs High Route 1 / Tarptent StratoSpire 1 / Yama Mountain Gear Swiftline 1.
It's price range is closer to the High Route 1 which is a bit bigger at 90" x 30" for the inner tent at 18.8 sq/ft weights 37oz which is kind of heavy IMO.
versus 86.5" length x 28.6" for the inner tent at 16.2 sq/ft. weights 27.9oz for this one.

Looks like a knock off of Sierra Designs High Route 1 / Tarptent StratoSpire 1 / Yama Mountain Gear Swiftline 1.
It's price range is closer to the High Route 1 which is a bit bigger at 90" x 30" for the inner tent at 18.8 sq/ft weights 37oz which is kind of heavy IMO.
versus 86.5" length x 28.6" for the inner tent at 16.2 sq/ft. weights 27.9oz for this one.

Though this one seems to have better vestibule space for my backpack versus the HR1

Well hmm... that makes it tougher not to get in on this I think. I did see the drop is open till the end of July so I can think on it a bit more. It is definitely tempting to get a much lighter weight option. I am not U/L by any means but that tent does not look like i would be sacrificing too much to gain the weight loss in the pack.

Man! I’m still seriously considering joining the drop on this. The more I research, the more impressed I am with the design.

On a side note the discussion on Massdrop got quite interesting when a third party cried foul for it being a rip off of the Tarptent SS. Henry Shires jumped in. Interesting read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I just joined the drop. Now to wait until April :(

The lack of guylines would be a deal-breaker for me. There are more times than I can count where I've set my tent up in a perfect place (flat, sheltered etc) only to find that my stakes won't go in the ground all the way because of a rock or tree root. Thankfully guylines mean you can adjust where you put your stakes.

The lack of guylines would be a deal-breaker for me. There are more times than I can count where I've set my tent up in a perfect place (flat, sheltered etc) only to find that my stakes won't go in the ground all the way because of a rock or tree root. Thankfully guylines mean you can adjust where you put your stakes.
You can get very nice guyline for like $12-$15/50ft from zpacks or Lawson equipment (among many others...theirs are the nicest I’ve used).

And agreed on the necessity...I don’t even carry stakes anymore for most trips (almost all canyon/desert stuff). Nice long guys and trucker hitch to natural anchors.

You can get very nice guyline for like $12-$15/50ft from zpacks or Lawson equipment (among many others...theirs are the nicest I’ve used).

And agreed on the necessity...I don’t even carry stakes anymore for most trips (almost all canyon/desert stuff). Nice long guys and trucker hitch to natural anchors.

True, IF guylines would work for a tent like this. I would need to see it first before I invested.

There are very detailed discussions on Massdrop about the construction and use of this tent. The designer has been very active there.

I hate joining sites that make you do all kinds of crap just to get in. Jeezum. Guess I won't be supporting massdrop. All I wanted to say is please don't set up your tent on the heather, jeezum!

Last edited:
Just a note that they re-opened this drop. Guess they had another 300 of these made. I missed the first drop (not commenting but the website did hear from me) but joined it this time. Will post some notes once I get mine at the end of May.

Last I heard is they are expecting to ship on time. Can’t wait to see mine. It’s been a looooong wait.

Last I heard is they are expecting to ship on time. Can’t wait to see mine. It’s been a looooong wait.

Yeah, your wait from the original drop was alot longer.

Just go email from Massdrop... tents are in house, shipping next week!

I just got mine in the mail yesterday. Hoping to set it up in the backyard tonight and test it out in the back country ASAP