Album Home

b.stark

Forever Wandering
Thought this would be an OK idea for a thread here. Post pics taken from home! I live out in the country, albeit in the middle of farm country in Nebraska. Still, it can be pretty beautiful at times. I'm sure at least a few others live in great places too.

Here's one from 2014-the first year I lived at my current place.

DSC_0862-L.jpg

For 40+ years home has been Overland Park, KS (a KC suburb). While far from wilderness, through our passion for gardening and wildlife it has been certified as a National Wildlife Habitat and is home to birds and critters of all sorts and sizes.

1.JPG 2.jpg 3.JPG

That's a beautiful place. I wish I could put about 20 acres to the south of my house into grass and trees so more deer and other animals would hang around.

Double rainbow after a little thundershower blew through. Sat on the porch and watched it for quite a while until I saw the rainbow, and had to grab a camera. The funky powerline is a weird artifact from a hasty pano conversion, it doesn't actually go up like that.

050518-doublerainbowpano-L.jpg

I was playing with some low light conditions trying to get a sliver of a moon in my neighborhood last night. I wondered what my neighbors’ houses might look like with a long exposure and snapped these. I was really surprised with the results. Amazing how much light a DSLR can capture!

3745684a5d30553ada9d07dd57c8b45c.jpg

8a0243740db01219276dd1b5a763f0fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yvonne! Is the home you own in this subdivision! Good luck!

no, fortunately, it's outside the subdivision but still close enough that you hear the KABOOM 24/7. Sounds like impacts of cannonballs.
So hopefully I can sell fast or at least rent out for quite a while.
At least 1,500 people need housing now, maybe more as they close more areas.
Hope this goes fast so that I can be back in Southern Utah this summer. Air quality here is killing me anyway

no, fortunately, it's outside the subdivision but still close enough that you hear the KABOOM 24/7. Sounds like impacts of cannonballs.
So hopefully I can sell fast or at least rent out for quite a while.
At least 1,500 people need housing now, maybe more as they close more areas.
Hope this goes fast so that I can be back in Southern Utah this summer. Air quality here is killing me anyway
Well, stay safe please. How many crow miles form the open fissures to your home? And the air is bad that far away?

Well, stay safe please. How many crow miles form the open fissures to your home? And the air is bad that far away?

I'm roughly ten miles away from the fissures. You see the entire sky on fire each night, quite the sight.
When the winds shift direction, the entire area is filled with SO2 gas and sulfuric acid particles and you can barely breathe. A lot of times I have to wear a respirator when I go outside when it's really bad. This can even affect people in Hilo and vicinity, about 30 miles away
It's hard to describe, but exposure of this stuff is really awful. Your eyes burn and hurt, you lose your voice, it tightens your chest, you're coughing all the time and have unbearable headaches. And we also have ashfall almost every day with smaller and bigger explosive events.
When it rains it is all acid rain and slowly kills everything out here.
Not really healthy for sure.

@Yvonne Great Shots! Looks like you got yourself a drone!

it was from a helicopter with doors off, no-fly zone for drones in the entire area. They have a 4,000ft flight restriction zone, so this was shot with a long lens
Wow! Cool!