Album Home

Well, that snow forecast was all over the place, very difficult to predict! The snow mostly arrived overnight, we had 19" early this morning. All super fluffy snow, which was nice, otherwise we would have been digging out for a while with a 375 ft driveway.

What about @kwc - I would guess you had 30" or? Some places in Vermont had 40".

1608237906126.jpeg

1608238110223.png

snow blower.jpeg

1608238076871.jpeg

Later today...
1608238208191.png

Unseasonably warm today, but the sunset was excellent.

20211201_171219-L.jpg

Non-backcountry weekend at home.

Smoked a partial crownrib roast with a peach chipotle glaze on Friday. Did not get a pic of it complete, but here is when I added veggies.
IMG_046012a.jpg

Then took the kids out to the park.
IMG_0481.jpg
Saturday afternoon and evening. USU won!
but RSL... great playoff run, season over for them.
Great sunset anyhow.
IMG_0485.jpg

Non-backcountry weekend at home.

Smoked a partial crownrib roast with a peach chipotle glaze on Friday. Did not get a pic of it complete, but here is when I added veggies.
View attachment 104965

Then took the kids out to the park.
View attachment 104961
Saturday afternoon and evening. USU won!
but RSL... great playoff run, season over for them.
Great sunset anyhow.
View attachment 104962

If I had known that, I would have headed south after my Grandeur Hike instead of north! I could have used some protein. Those brussels sprouts look mighty tasty too. Did it turn out as good as it looks?

Go Aggies! They picked a good time to play their best game of the year.

Little_Blue.JPG
Little Blue

and......................

Big_Blue.JPGBig Blue with my daughter

Sorry about RSL. Living in Portland, my son is a big Timbers fan and he went to the game on Saturday, so I guess he went home happy. I'm not much of a soccer fan, but I do watch the occasional game.

Nice Aggie pics! I used to get to at least one football or basketball game each year, but now it has been a few years. They had a good year this year!
For RSL, they went farther than anyone expected. Not bad at all.

And yeah, you should have headed south, I had some leftovers, even with doing just 3 chops... and it was fantastic.
With food I do not mess around. hahaha
One of these times we can hit some masochistic hard trail this end of the valley and I can bring something that will taste fantastic. Heck we can invite others and have a shindig.
Although snow is finally inbound, so the never-ending autumn is ending today.

Nice Aggie pics! I used to get to at least one football or basketball game each year, but now it has been a few years. They had a good year this year!
For RSL, they went farther than anyone expected. Not bad at all.

And yeah, you should have headed south, I had some leftovers, even with doing just 3 chops... and it was fantastic.
With food I do not mess around. hahaha
One of these times we can hit some masochistic hard trail this end of the valley and I can bring something that will taste fantastic. Heck we can invite others and have a shindig.
Although snow is finally inbound, so the never-ending autumn is ending today.

I used to be a season ticket holder for football, but then they started playing most of their home games at night, and on different days other than Saturday. I was getting home at 1:00 am from some games. So now if they have an afternoon game on their schedule, I will head up and watch them. I made the Hawaii game this year. I do have to say though that there isn't a better place to watch an afternoon football game in the fall than Logan, looking out over Cache Valley.

I used to be a season ticket holder for football, but then they started playing most of their home games at night, and on different days other than Saturday. I was getting home at 1:00 am from some games. So now if they have an afternoon game on their schedule, I will head up and watch them. I made the Hawaii game this year. I do have to say though that there isn't a better place to watch an afternoon football game in the fall than Logan, looking out over Cache Valley.
yep, it was especially nice when it was a walk across the parking lot and down the stairs to go to the games... haha

Could use some snow here. It's currently -6F but just a few traces of snow left on the ground. Makes the cold seem not worth it.