Album Home

So, these are probably the last images here from my Hawai'i home. I'm moving to Hurricane on Tuesday.

i-63Vr2CZ-XL.jpg

This is not a sunset, it's the glow of lava reflected in the clouds. The eruption is about 7 miles away

i-fR3Qtpp-XL.jpg

This is what it looks from our town about a mile away.
I like the shot, it reminds me a bit of the Last Judgement Day. Forever Sunset the entire night

So, these are probably the last images here from my Hawai'i home. I'm moving to Hurricane on Tuesday.

i-63Vr2CZ-XL.jpg

This is not a sunset, it's the glow of lava reflected in the clouds. The eruption is about 7 miles away

i-fR3Qtpp-XL.jpg

This is what it looks from our town about a mile away.
I like the shot, it reminds me a bit of the Last Judgement Day. Forever Sunset the entire night

Some of your best work!

I empathize with your plight, Yvonne. I know you were really happy there.

Anyway, welcome back to Utah.

with the glow and all the ash in the air, it reminds me more of Hawai'i
Pine Valley Mountain is on fire again.
This was taken from the Yant Flats parking area

i-TVj5fTK-XL.jpg

i-PhC2dSH-XL.jpg
Great capture! Sorry Yvonne. Out of the frying pan and into the fire? Or probably vice versa...

I don't know why, but I loved this old house in Logan. I took this photo years later, and it hadn't changed a bit. I was in college, and it seemed like a haven at the time, even though the floors were so tilted you had to walk carefully or you'd end up going faster and faster and run into the wall. It had a kind of mysterious old root cellar behind it that I never looked inside but instead enjoyed wondering what was in there (probably old dried-up funeral potatoes and such). It had two very small bedrooms, and I ended up putting my bed by the front window so I could leave the curtains open at night and see the stars. And best thing of all, it was near the Crumb Brothers. I would walk over there every morning and get coffee and a palmier. :)

IMG_2137.jpg

Last edited:
My 6 acres is slowly being surrounded by subdivisions, but still pretty peaceful most of the time.

Winter storm of ‘17 in South h Louisiana
fb466381eb3fa8f40de81f90c6c0631c.jpg

My house is somewhere down there. First time ever flying over from about 25k.
7ded37bed869872fbc469ab92ce0d7cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Makes me miss Butte. I loved living there. My old house is somewhere in there in Walkerville.
Awesome! I didn't know you were a former Butte Rat. My house is somewhere down there on the bottom-left. This pic was taken on a ski tour I took this past March up to Our Lady.

Lived there from about 1993-97. Great place and convenient to so many great areas. Lots of character (and characters). I referred to myself and friends that lived there as Butants.

I lived in Anaconda. Used to go eat at the Derby in Butte.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Oh man, now you're making me hungry...

Anaconda is a great place, too. I actually grew up halfway between Butte and Anaconda, but always considered Butte home only because that's where we ended up going for school.

Is the Jack Nicklaus signature golf course still open? I played there many years ago and want to take my wife there to play someday. Heard it was having a tough time, hopefully that's false info.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Is the Jack Nicklaus signature golf course still open? I played there many years ago and want to take my wife there to play someday. Heard it was having a tough time, hopefully that's false info.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Yes, they were going through some rough times last year or the year before. But, I think they were able to weather the worst of it and have been open this season and I believe plan to continue operating. I'm not a golfer, so I don't know the specifics, but I may have heard that they have limited hours/days now.