Hiking Naked?

Stupid and inconsiderate. Looks more like a attention grabbing product promotion

Best of luck to them! I'd be worried about catching a criminal charge. Haha. On top of the sunburn and rubbing from pack straps!

I have backpacked and canoed naked, and I can highly recommend it. Canoeing is easy.
As an aside, I have seen plenty of people naked in pools and lakes backpacking.

Thread from 2015:

Last edited:
Outside Magazine for years had neatly toed the line between "respectable publication with useful information" and "trashy tabloid nonsense". Personally, I've never been a fan. But lately, they've crashed hard to the side of the latter. Buying and submarining Backpacker, publishing inflammatory editorials by bunk-spewing windbags, muscling their way to a takeover of Gaia, publishing copyrighted photos without the photographer's consent...

Basically, Outside is a garbage operation and I will never work with them.

Outside Magazine for years had neatly toed the line between "respectable publication with useful information" and "trashy tabloid nonsense". Personally, I've never been a fan. But lately, they've crashed hard to the side of the latter. Buying and submarining Backpacker, publishing inflammatory editorials by bunk-spewing windbags, muscling their way to a takeover of Gaia, publishing copyrighted photos without the photographer's consent...

Basically, Outside is a garbage operation and I will never work with them.

Agreed.

Never cared for it from beginning... was what I consider a beautiful person rag

I woke up at Waterwheel Falls in Yosemite this morning. Two guys having breakfast in the nude at the top of the falls, and didn't seem concerned there was a backcountry ranger around. Berries and twigs sticking to the smooth granite, no doubt.

Obviously not caring about others

The day before, there was a different chunky guy posing nude for pics at a small cascade in the the same canyon. Maybe it's just a NorCal thing.

Agree with @Bob. I would be kind of miffed if I saw nekked people while hiking with my young niece and her friends (age 8). TBH, they're probably more at ease about such things than my generation. LOL

Agree with @Bob. I would be kind of miffed if I saw nekked people while hiking with my young niece and her friends (age 8). TBH, they're probably more at ease about such things than my generation. LOL
Its an era of do what you want with no respect for others......

First of all, the promotion was clearly tongue in cheek...pardon the pun, And i certainly remember meeting people who were naked when i backpacked in the 1970s. So i don't think it's an era of anything. But back in those days there ws no social media; people just did what they did and didn't bother to post on Instagram about it.

Back