Guess the spot

@Outdoor_Fool Not in the Yukon. I 'm out for a few hours,take your time.

No guesses, it is good that people have something better to do on a Friday night than play this game.
As mountains go this sub range is not especially high in elevation but if you climbed it's highest peak it would be an accomplishment.
Stay in the USA if you are looking around.

Monday morning bump. Remember that this is a sub range. It would be helpful to determine the major range that it is a part of.

Okay,not much interest here. This should pretty much give it away. The Continental Divide runs through these mountains but they are not in the Rocky Mountains. These mountains are named for a person with a common first name and a very common last name. Not in the lower 48.

I thought it looked very Brooks Range-like but couldn't pin down anywhere that fit. I'll throw out Arrigetch Peaks.

No. Brooks Range yes. Go east from Arrigetch. I have never heard of anyone named Arrigetch. :)

Last edited:
Correct. That photo was taken on the flight from the Canning River takeout to Arctic Village. More specifically it is in the Marsh Fork of the Canning drainage north of Carter Pass.
One of my previous posts used the word accomplishment. Well Accomplishment Peak is the high point of the range at 8045 feet. So that was a hint .

Last edited:
One of my previous posts used the word accomplishment. Well Accomplishment Peak is the high point of the range at 8045 feet. So that was a hint .
You're operating at levels well above my caveman brain. Haha. I'm gonna have to pay more attention!

Outdoor, Is that the Matanuska River somewhere between Palmer and Glennallen Alaska? It looks like that section of the state with the river and those gorgeous mountains behind.

Also Outdoor, that is a real nice photo!

Last edited:
Now I had forgotten where in that part of the road it was but remember the first time I passed that spot. Now I was just totally in awe the first time and every time I have been on that road in that section of the state. Need to get back up there again. Knew it immediately once I saw your photo.

Yes the Chugach Mountains ... Just Gorgeous Country! Again what a gorgeous photo!

Now here is the next one ... Enjoy!

Now here it is ... Identify the drainage and the nearby area. A nice and wild place!

p991525124-4.jpg

No this is incorrect but you are not far at all from this place's actual location.

Hope to get back into this area next summer by the way also

Now no guesses. Gosh! So will give a hint, this is so then a day or two of hiking easily from the Upper Thorofare Creek area.