Guess the spot

But Keith gave me a free pass. An eye-catching, unforgettable lake in a climber's paradise. I only managed to hit submit before you did somehow. Not often I beat the master.

Aldaron, I will assume I found the spot and play away by posting the next one. Let me know if that is not true.

Since we are in a Windies frame-of-mind. What peak are we lunching on top of? No lakes visible.

IMG_0968.jpg

Hints. Note the glaciers. The peak with the snow dome between us is the highest point in Wyoming. The snow dome is characteristic and indicates compass direction.

Aww man, that means you must be on a peak to the south? There's a bunch of 'em in that cirque! Sunbeam maybe?

That cirque is Titcomb Basin.... Now you are on the right track. Think taller. Triangulate off of Mt Woodrow Wilson and Gannet back to the source. It is a major named feature. Here is another picture clue. The peak you are trying to ID is the furthest right. We just climbed it's left skyline towers. Three of them.

IMG_0913.jpg

That makes me seem sooo mean! :eek: Bring on the next pic Artemus!
That was certainly not my intent, mi amigo....

Just goes to show that peak-centric is different than lake-centric. This game is great fun and humbling to me to find that there are such better Utah and mountain/desert geographers here at BCP than me.

Back