Guess the spot

Ben that's not correct.
I just googled it, this scenic place is only some 95 miles and not more than 2,5 -3 hours drive from your home

Reactions: Ben
Yes it is Leslie Gulch @River, you are up!

So that means the ball is full in the Idaho court right now, it could well be that we Utah lovers are put on the sidelines for a while!:(

Leslie Gulch and its surroundindings are very scenic, one can not only hike between the colorful volcanic tuff towers, but also climb them.
When you drive the canyon to the end there is the Owyhee River/Lake for boating and it is BLM territory so people were also camped there.

Ben, you really have to explore the area some time, there is no excuse not to go:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zAhY5vb8teqQ.kDy8hycqpl1g&gl=US&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0

I've been aware of it, just never made it out yet. There are many places to go.

mt iowa? in the sawtooths. or fishhook spire. i'm having a hard time finding a name for what i'm looking at.

that background looks familiar, but i could just be making it up. looks like warbonnet back there to me.

Last edited:
looks like the north end of the range looking south. may be some where along the ridge south of braxon.

i hope some one gets this right soon, it's driving me crazy. i couldn't sleep last night.

Yep, north end looking south. The peak is named, but I realized this morning while looking at the USGS map, it's not on there. Maybe too obscure? It's a Class IV route that is infrequently climbed and is called one of the most challenging non technical peaks in the range.

Last edited:
yeah. i've got an idea of the area the view is from, but couldn't find any thing there on the topo

SW a little ways of Braxon Peak is a spire..... no name

goat lake i believe. so i'd assume it's farther north than i thought. i'm still not sure which unmarked peak it is that i don't know the name of.

Yep, that's Goat Lake. Merritt Peak is up that valley on the right. A good one if you don't mind the exposure. You're up Ben.

i'll take it. too many of the things i'd use i've made explicit in my trip reports. we'll try this.

094.JPG

Last edited:
Back