Guess the spot: Utah Edition

Dry... somewhat shallow Navajo layer... no great varnish stripes... Maybe the middle or upper reaches of Silver Falls?

Dry... somewhat shallow Navajo layer... no great varnish stripes... Maybe the middle or upper reaches of Silver Falls?

It’s not Silver Falls Creek. This Navajo-walled canyon is replete with rows of Moqui steps, one of which is shown here.

Some angles look totally impossible, some angles look doable.

Attachments

• IMG_7522.jpeg
    IMG_7522.jpeg
    502.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_7518.jpeg
    IMG_7518.jpeg
    378.8 KB · Views: 63
With obstructions at the head and mouth of this canyon exiting out the side is your best bet.

Hint: this box canyon might be a good place to pasture your stock animals if you want to do some exploring on foot.

Davis Gulch?

Here’s an interesting tid bit from Steve Allen’s Canyon Country Place Names.

Attachments

• IMG_7543.jpeg
    IMG_7543.jpeg
    327.4 KB · Views: 20
The upper part of this canyon exit is unique and much photographed. This is what you have to climb to get to the more famous part, though. What canyon is this?

i-GGZMLcL-L.jpg

The upper part of this canyon exit is unique and much photographed. This is what you have to climb to get to the more famous part, though. What canyon is this?
The Peekaboo route out of Lost Canyon into Salt?

You're in the right National Park but the wrong unit.

Yup, the sheepherders exit in Davis Gulch.
Is the sheepherders exit different from the cattle/stock trail exit I've read about? The photo's @BJett posted of his Trifecta trip look different for the cattle trail exit. This was on my todo list, but that picture you posted looks crazy.

Back