Guess the spot: Utah Edition

Sorry @XID_AZ , it's no backpacking destination. It's likely a very torturous destination for any BCP'er. I remember kids quickly figuring out, that it's a very echoey location with all those sheer walls.

Another view, opposite direction:
Guess 7a.JPG

It really looks a lot like some of the Arches backcountry.
Once I got away from thinking 'Escalante area' and saw the 2nd pic, I too thought that it looked like fins and I started to look at the Fiery furnace.

Give this one a go.

<-------- it may look a little familiar.

Utah3.png

Somewhere in the Upper Gulch region maybe, could be at the confluence of Upper Gulch & Water Canyon (but something is off)

This is sort of a wild guess 'cause I can't match up any of the terrain (though the sandstone looks like a match), but is it along Cottonwood Creek between Indian Creek and Beef Basin?

Also, I just learned today that there's Street View in Google Earth for that road going into Beef Basin. Crazy.

This is sort of a wild guess 'cause I can't match up any of the terrain (though the sandstone looks like a match), but is it along Cottonwood Creek between Indian Creek and Beef Basin?

Also, I just learned today that there's Street View in Google Earth for that road going into Beef Basin. Crazy.
Nope, it's on the other side of the Colorado river from where you're looking. At least from Beef Basin, because I can't find a Cottonwood creek anywhere between Indian Creek and Beef Basin(that should be my challenge!).

Also, learned that Smoky Mountain road on the KiKaiparowits Plateau is on street view as well.

Nice Youtube video of Bobby's hole here:
a longtime trip buddy of mine -- tough and experienced and not one back down from any sort of challenge -- was known to become pale when discussing Bobby's Hole. I've never been there and as a driver of stock vehicles, do not plan on it.

Back