Guess the spot: Utah Edition

Ok, ok.
It is in between Lathrop Canyon and Shafer Canyon.

Down stream from Musselman a few miles. Like I said, a very popular stop. The mesa in the distance is Canyonlands Overlook.

I have seen tourists in bermuda shorts and dress shoes here, they have concerts from the Moab Music Festival also: The Grotto on the muy Colorado.
Should I post another, easier one? Is this allowed?. If not Nick is up, as he was within a few miles of the Grotto.

I have seen tourists in bermuda shorts and dress shoes here, they have concerts from the Moab Music Festival

I remember looking for a spot called the Ampitheatre where I heard they've had concerts. That has to be the place you're talking about.

Last edited:
I have seen tourists in bermuda shorts and dress shoes here, they have concerts from the Moab Music Festival also: The Grotto on the muy Colorado.
Should I post another, easier one? Is this allowed?. If not Nick is up, as he was within a few miles of the Grotto.
Just go again Greg ;) Maybe more substantial hints earlier if you display tough ones like that?

Hopefully this one is a bit easier, but I don't want to make it too easy :).
This was taken on the Colorado, about 12 miles from the confluence with the Green.

I00000Uts9QsCA5E.jpg

Last edited:
I remember looking for a spot called the Ampitheatre where I heard they've had concerts. That has to be the place you're talking about.

I would love to attend a concert at the Grotto. I have read the acoustics are phenomenal.

This might make it easier:

I0000iVVaL8WL2ag.jpg

There is a name for this, so I guess that is required.

I'm with Vegan on this one. From the river it looked like you could easily climb from the up. If I remember correctly, there was a faint trail too. No place to camp along the river there though.....

I knew that satellite image would give it away. It is a very distinct trail when you hike it, as many have done it over the years. The first image above was taken at the saddle of the loop looking up river. It then descends on the other side down to the river.
You are up @Vegan.Hiker .

Last edited:
Back