Guess the spot: Utah Edition

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

regehr

It’s one of the historic “trails” in the region and the only one that crosses the waterpocket fold.
I'm stumped on a historic trail that crosses the fold and is outside the park! Even Halls Creek is (I think) inside the boundaries and a quick look at the map shows not much fold south of there. Looking forward to the answer to this one.

SteveR

I'm stumped on a historic trail that crosses the fold and is outside the park! Even Halls Creek is (I think) inside the boundaries and a quick look at the map shows not much fold south of there. Looking forward to the answer to this one.
Yeah, I had a look at the map as well, as I have been in the process of planning our annual October Utah trip, but it was little help to me also. Could we be looking for the Burr "Trail" Road, but a locale outside the park? Or, perhaps this is a bit of a trick question? Was the picture (Capitol Gorge maybe, which would be a historic route) taken before Capitol Reef was designated as a national park and thus was not in the park at that time?

Brendan S

@regehr is on the right track in the southern Fold. It’s not named on USGS maps. It’s named for a historic ranch that was at the base of the Fold and is one of a couple historic routes/trails in the area. It’s discussed in a guidebook of the region.

Titans

@regehr is on the right track in the southern Fold. It’s not named on USGS maps. It’s named for a historic ranch that was at the base of the Fold and is one of a couple historic routes/trails in the area. It’s discussed in a guidebook of the region.
Is it Baker Route?

regehr

I don't really think this is correct but it sort of looks like the Book Cliffs with the Swell in the distance beyond. where's @Udink when ya need him??