Guess the spot: Maps Edition

Well the first time it was free climbed Jack Durrance, a guide in the Tetons, was recruited to drive out and climb it to rescue a journalist who parachuted onto the top as a stunt and then could not get down. The tower is also of religious importance to local Native Americans and off limits to climbing some times of the year.
Interesting about the journalist. I knew it had some serious medicine with the locals. I think my niece climbed it a few years back.

Well the first time it was free climbed Jack Durrance, a guide in the Tetons, was recruited to drive out and climb it to rescue a journalist who parachuted onto the top as a stunt and then could not get down. The tower is also of religious importance to local Native Americans and off limits to climbing some times of the year.
Lots of great first pitches on there. And lots of chossy second ones! Last time I was there, a group next to us was pulling their rope. On the way up, a small overhand knot formed at the end and hung in the hangars. Would have been scary to ascend! Luckily we were able to swing over and release it for them.

We skied down that road this winter. So much fun!

Attachments

• P1300450ed.jpg
    P1300450ed.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back