Gros Ventre Wilderness: Granite Creek, West Fork Crystal Creek, Crystal Creek, & Swift Creek - June 2021

travel2walk

I don't remember feeling any bug pressure at all. Probably only beat them by a week or two on the lower sections.
great, thanks. that early season window between snow misery and bug misery can be a tough one, glad you nailed it.

great, thanks. that early season window between snow misery and bug misery can be a tough one, glad you nailed it.
No bugs, that week I could remember. Though the following week I went into Cirque and the bugs were pretty bad at the lower elevations. There weren't much in the Cirque itself. I think we were a bit too high for the skeeters on this trip at the time.

Great TR and spectacular photos, as usual. Almost 38m in 3 days. You were moving, despite the bushwhacking. How's the animation of the route done?

Great TR and spectacular photos, as usual. Almost 38m in 3 days. You were moving, despite the bushwhacking. How's the animation of the route done?
Thanks! Yea, trips with @TheMountainRabbit have been my most challenging of the year in the last two. I know what to expect now lol. And I'm always grateful he gets me out of there in the end.

I would say the second days was the toughest for me on this trip. But I think part of it was the expectation of how tough the trip was going to be from the first day. I think we both had the boost in energy to get out on the 3rd.

The animation on the route is just a handdrawn object in power director (don't think is particularly great for editing, but it's what I started with since I didn't want to be beholden to adobe's subscription). If I were to start anew, I'd start learning davinchi for the editing process. May start playing with that more in the future.

Back