Greetings

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Trip Reports
Thread starter #1
I just wanted to introduce myself. I've never joined a group like this because I'm usually in the woods. I work for the US Forest Service on the Okanogan Wenatchee National Forest. I spend more than 100 nights in the Wilderness every summer. I have hiked, hunted, fished, climbed and traveled all over the world from Alaska to Bolivia, Europe and everything in between. I'm looking forward to reading your posts.
Gregg
IMG_9437.JPG
P1030357.jpg
P1030405.jpg
21766372_1595212213872263_8675635378791584818_n.jpg

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

DrNed

The mountains are calling and I must go
Trip Reports
Of those 100 nights, how often do you see or interact with other people?

I often fantasize about spending weeks and months by myself but then
I think about who I'm spending time with and realize I'd need
more intelligent and interesting company.

Trip Reports
Thread starter #4
Of those 100 nights, how often do you see or interact with other people?

I often fantasize about spending weeks and months by myself but then
I think about who I'm spending time with and realize I'd need
more intelligent and interesting company.
@DrNed I'm usually with a partner and sometimes our whole crew (6 of us) if we have a big project. We are a very tight and close team. As for other hikers it really depends on how "deep" we are into the wilderness. On popular trails (PCT) we see people all the time but when we are on other trails we may go 8 days without seeing other hikers.

Kmatjhwy

Wilderness Wanderer
Trip Reports
Gregg, Welcome! Looking forward to what you will bring to BackcountryPost. So you work for the Forest Service with being in the wilderness every summer. Good For You! Have met many of your fellow Forest Service personnel thru the years in my summer wandering treks. Have had great talks with a number of them with especially back in the Thorofare here in NW Wyoming. You must have had quite a life. Now would love to hear of some of your experiences. Wishing You the Best!

WasatchWill

Ready For More
Trip Reports
So if you ever participate in the Bag Night challenge thread...I'm laying down another rule: Work nights don't count. Just kidding. Welcome aboard.

Trip Reports
Thread starter #7
So if you ever participate in the Bag Night challenge thread...I'm laying down another rule: Work nights don't count. Just kidding. Welcome aboard.
@WasatchWill I've heard about this challenge and while having the federal government pay for most of my camping it's really hard to call it work! I promise I won't cheat!!!!!! :)