Favorite location with no cell phone service

Not going to give a denomination or tag for this place less the zombie horde descends upon it. However you will not find a cell signal in this remote place and possibly the most iconic setting to ever had a Hilleberg Kaitum placed therein.

F4D49200-8732-4AF2-AB8E-2C47FA60F01B.jpeg679AF5F1-8D8C-49C5-9A03-6362A9A2EE37.jpeg

So with the phone not ringing off the hook (a phrase no longer understood by youth) I, the bodhisattva of these desert lands, meditated in the eerie silence of hamburger rock, the place of mystical knowledge. There are other stunning views with natural monoliths but too much distant horizon and I hate to be tracked, ‘specially by the monolith zombies who seem to have nothing better to do. A plague on anyone’s house who would attempt to identify this place…

Thank you my friend. It took some exploration to find the place. We have gone back several times. There is a huge “room” surrounded by those higher eroded structures that completely cut it off from the outside and the water drains from an opening at the bottom of one end. There are big petrified logs in there. Many hoodoos and “melting” structures too. It’s a crazy place that would be best left alone except by those who tread lightly. That would be preferred anyway.

Here is a blue hour image within. I must have a thousand shots of this place. It is indeed a fav.20654C1B-3B2F-41F1-B5C0-BE9742A6496D.jpeg

Death Valley campgrounds in the Panamint mountain range don't have service :)
Luckily, I have Sprint, so usually don't have service even when Bobbie has it right next to me haha
I usually have the phone off though.

Death Valley campgrounds in the Panamint mountain range don't have service :)
Luckily, I have Sprint, so usually don't have service even when Bobbie has it right next to me haha
I usually have the phone off though.

Death Valley is some crazy stuff, mind boggling. More people go in there than come back out. Remote needs another word there.

My phone is in airplane mode 99.9% of the time but it is never off. It is my current imaging system with three lenses and three sensors, does spectacular gps with map display and has my plant id books among other things. I’m not constantly using it but do use it often, mostly for the aforementioned photography.

Death Valley is some crazy stuff, mind boggling. More people go in there than come back out. Remote needs another word there.
Yeah, I love it so much! I just got back from there again and was pretty disappointed how often Bobbie had service. They even put in Pokémon stops for the game Pokémon Go due to the requests of the employees, Bobbie was VERY excited! I did some eye rolling haha.

Yeah, I love it so much! I just got back from there again and was pretty disappointed how often Bobbie had service. They even put in Pokémon stops for the game Pokémon Go due to the requests of the employees, Bobbie was VERY excited! I did some eye rolling haha.
Death Valley is one of the only places I know of where AT&T has better service than Verizon. I've got the latter, so for me, DV is still the blissful land of no connectivity! :D

Death Valley is one of the only places I know of where AT&T has better service than Verizon. I've got the latter, so for me, DV is still the blissful land of no connectivity! :D
Yeah, it is so great for that! Maybe not so much Thanksgiving week, it was packed! But we mostly went to the touristy places. Once we went off the beaten path, no humans all day!

I have Sprint, so leaving Denver usually entails no cell signal.

And I'm OK with that.

What I'm not OK with, is the rare moments my phone finds a signal and vibrates uncontrollably for ten minutes, only to lose signal when I try to respond to any of the incoming messages.

8bf85e9a5d154b925ddcbac9ce6586dd.jpg

West Canyon on Lake Powell. Zero cell service, and usually peaceful if I can stay away from the house boaters. Camped here for a couple days and loved every quiet second of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at all that white space up north where one can get away from it all ... Yea!!!!

Would be so much prettier with an oil well. :(
I hope that doesn't happen . The pic is from June,2013 and probably was taken at a spot in the ANWR 1002 Area. The Canning River forms part of the western boundary of ANWR.