Fat Foot

So I went to the doc today. Once again, they thought it was broken and someone must've read the previous x-ray wrong. They checked them over and wanted more angles, off to the x-ray machine again... Still nothing concrete. They think I have done a sprain+high sprain combo. It's less common than a usual sprain I guess because one of the tendons I ripped is above the ankle. So it's more R.I.C.E., physical therapy and this awesome boot!

View attachment 243

Funny side note. Everyone kept asking me at the ER and at this doc if I had previously injured this leg. I finally asked why and learned that I broke my leg a few years ago and didn't realize it. The x-ray shows a rather large area where they say a fracture occurred and has since healed. I remember hurting it and it being swollen and super tender for a really long time but had no idea...
Wow! Now that's hard core.

So you dig the Vasque Scree boots? :lol:

Love 'em! Light on the feet and super sticky rubber soles. I hiked in them all summer and then bought two pairs in the fall on super clearance from Sierra Trading Post. Still have a brand new pair in the closet waiting for summer 2012. :cool:

Damn! What do you have? Dual Quad Cores? I see 8 cores there!!!

Love 'em! Light on the feet and super sticky rubber soles. I hiked in them all summer and then bought two pairs in the fall on super clearance from Sierra Trading Post. Still have a brand new pair in the closet waiting for summer 2012. :cool:
I bought me the same shoes on a pretty good deal last summer. I was liking them after I figured out how to lace them so I didn't get blisters (been fighting this problem for 2 years). Anyway, the material wore through on the tops so the padding was showing. I don't think I had put over 20 miles on them! So I sent them into Vasque and received a brand new pair of Vasque Vista boots! I'm guessing the Scree's have been discontinued... Anyway, I don't know if I'm going to try them or just sell them.

Gotta love Vasque!

Well I'm walking sort of okay now. Still swollen, still hurts, physical therapy starts tomorrow. That's the good news! The bad news is that now I have to go see my ortho surgeon about my left knee. I did something awful to it today (it was already in bad shape). Sounds like knee surgery #3 is coming right up! Sooooo glad this is happening in February, not later in the year. Yaaaaaay.

Damn! What do you have? Dual Quad Cores? I see 8 cores there!!!

Nope, just a quad-core 3.4Ghz i7. I actually had to look up why it shows 8 cores. Apparently its something to do with the cross threading that the new i-series Intel processors do. All I know is this thing is smokin' fast! I actually got it up to like 80% processor usage while encoding a 6,000+ frame 1080p time lapse the other day. :)

Well I'm walking sort of okay now. Still swollen, still hurts, physical therapy starts tomorrow. That's the good news! The bad news is that now I have to go see my ortho surgeon about my left knee. I did something awful to it today (it was already in bad shape). Sounds like knee surgery #3 is coming right up! Sooooo glad this is happening in February, not later in the year. Yaaaaaay.

what are you doing? :eek:
And knee stuff is always bad....

Nope, just a quad-core 3.4Ghz i7. I actually had to look up why it shows 8 cores. Apparently its something to do with the cross threading that the new i-series Intel processors do. All I know is this thing is smokin' fast! I actually got it up to like 80% processor usage while encoding a 6,000+ frame 1080p time lapse the other day. :)
Ah, that's right.

I need to update my rig. I'm running a 3 year old Core 2 duo that's starting to show it's age...