Drone Footage

Aldaron

I'm headed to Colorado next week and plan to do some backpacking, so I'm trying to practice my drone filming before I leave so that I have a fighting chance of getting some decent footage.

This weekend I did some practicing...this is the first time I've focused on learning to film instead of learning to fly, so I've got a long way to go. But I think this thing has a lot of potential.

Yeah, it folds up nice and small. I won't use it anywhere that I would bother anyone.

I'm headed to Colorado next week and plan to do some backpacking, so I'm trying to practice my drone filming before I leave so that I have a fighting chance of getting some decent footage.

This weekend I did some practicing...this is the first time I've focused on learning to film instead of learning to fly, so I've got a long way to go. But I think this thing has a lot of potential.

Nice job. Which airplane did you shoot that with? Must be fully gimballed to get so smooth.

Nice job. Which airplane did you shoot that with? Must be fully gimballed to get so smooth.
It's the Mavic Pro. I hope to get better. I know you hate the word "drone," and I started to use another word, but then I forgot to change it!

It's the Mavic Pro. I hope to get better. I know you hate the word "drone," and I started to use another word, but then I forgot to change it!
I prefer Semi-Autonomous GPS-Stabilized Flying Camera Platform. Or SAGSFCP for short. Much less controversial. Looks like the Mavic has a pretty nice gimbaling system for the camera. The footage was quite smooth. Or it was great flying and filming skill. :twothumbs:

Where is your Colorado trip?

I assure you that it's not skill...the thing is pretty close to idiot-proof.

I've got to work in Denver a few days next week. I'm planning to spend a couple of nights in Buffalo Peaks this weekend, and then I'll probably spend a couple of nights in Lost Creek next weekend. I'm just trying to find some trails that are melted out, so I think those will work out. If not, I may do some hiking in the Front Range.

I'm in dire need of a Rocky Mountain fix. Dire need.

I assure you that it's not skill...the thing is pretty close to idiot-proof.

I've got to work in Denver a few days next week. I'm planning to spend a couple of nights in Buffalo Peaks this weekend, and then I'll probably spend a couple of nights in Lost Creek next weekend. I'm just trying to find some trails that are melted out, so I think those will work out. If not, I may do some hiking in the Front Range.

I'm in dire need of a Rocky Mountain fix. Dire need.
If you wanna stop over I'll make you dinner, pal.

I've got to work in Denver a few days next week. I'm planning to spend a couple of nights in Buffalo Peaks this weekend, and then I'll probably spend a couple of nights in Lost Creek next weekend.

Hate to be 'that guy', but you start buzzing it around wilderness areas where motorized equipment is forbidden you will absolutely bother someone.

I'm planning to spend a couple of nights in Buffalo Peaks this weekend, and then I'll probably spend a couple of nights in Lost Creek next weekend.

x2 to what wanderlust said. Fair warning that a UAV in wilderness is a ticketable offense and not a cheap one at that.

Wilderness areas = no drones.....they are mechanical

Good choice on the drone model. I can't believe how compact that unit folds up. We are hoping to film some windsurfing, kayaking and sailing from overhead in Baja. Should not be anyone around to bother offshore. The sport fishing boats in San Diego are using them to find fish boils.