Album Campsites

Zion, Southwest Desert site 2

tent%20site%20copy-XL.jpg

From Michigan. Do you live in the west now? I left in 1976 to be closer to the west.
Still in Michigan, which we do like, but we vacation out West whenever possible. How nice for you to be close to all that grand scenery out there!

Still in Michigan, which we do like, but we vacation out West whenever possible. How nice for you to be close to all that grand scenery out there!
I never regretted the move but I do miss the hardwood forests and the big water. I'm working on getting back there for a visit this summer.

I never regretted the move but I do miss the hardwood forests and the big water. I'm working on getting back there for a visit this summer.
Hope this works out for you - yes, the forests and big water are good for the soul. Keep us posted.

camping at the Olympic Coast

beach%20campsite%20copy-XL.jpg

beach%20campsite%202%20copy-XL.jpg

beach%20camp%203%20copy-XL.jpg

I definitely have to get another permit and go again
When we were at the Olympic Coast in 2006, we had never backpacked, and it hadn't occurred to us that we would ever start. We saw people camping by the beach and wondered what it would be like to do that. Fast forward 16 years, and I love seeing your photos and imagining myself in that lovely spot!

When we were at the Olympic Coast in 2006, we had never backpacked, and it hadn't occurred to us that we would ever start. We saw people camping by the beach and wondered what it would be like to do that. Fast forward 16 years, and I love seeing your photos and imagining myself in that lovely spot!
I always wanted to go beach camping in the Olympics. It was so much fun, and I had a perfect night out there with clear skies and no fog.
I definitely wanna repeat that and go beach camping this fall

The annual trip. This time we stopped early on a ridge. It turned out to be a good choice.

A really shallow grave... because I was really tired and it was not going to be very cold, my legs cramped up from wearing snowshoes and climbing for miles... the snow was hard... I just wanted it to be level and did not want to slide down the hill... you know, all the excuses :roflmao:
IMG_4337.jpg

I can see a few reasons the canyon has been closed a lot the past couple of months.
IMG_4373.jpg

The annual trip. This time we stopped early on a ridge. It turned out to be a good choice.

A really shallow grave... because I was really tired and it was not going to be very cold, my legs cramped up from wearing snowshoes and climbing for miles... the snow was hard... I just wanted it to be level and did not want to slide down the hill... you know, all the excuses :roflmao:
View attachment 120992

I can see a few reasons the canyon has been closed a lot the past couple of months.
View attachment 120993

Is that Maybird?