Bigfoot sightings in the Uintas Tales of the "unusual" in the woods

And...

04) Widespread digital cameras & cell phones.

There are more cameras on this earth then there are humans. It shouldn't be this hard to get good footage/photos of a creature that had so many sightings back before everyone was packing a lens of some sort. And now they're still all fuzzy and through trees and brush.

Take a look at this one seen in Michigan's UP just recently.

What I find fascinating is the picture which, to my untrained eye, looks very ape-like, but was determined to be a bear.

Maybe the factors that created this visual similarity explain what people perceive as ape-like is, in reality, a bear with non typical movements, postures, and vocalizations.

Take a look at this one seen in Michigan's UP just recently.

What I find fascinating is the picture which, to my untrained eye, looks very ape-like, but was determined to be a bear.

Maybe the factors that created this visual similarity explain what people perceive as ape-like is, in reality, a bear with non typical movements, postures, and vocalizations.

Photoshop of the Jacobs sighting in PA. Very skillful though. The Jacobs sighting? I don't know. Who does?

I hope we find out what is making all these people vanish. I suspect something much more sinister then a rat is involved.

I have to respectfully disagree with your post. There is far more evidence and real missing people than just cupboard doors opening and closing.

You of course are fully entitled to your opinion. I just do not agree with it, nor do I just that easily write off what I have seen and experienced.

Just for the record, Bigfoot is classified under the study of "Cryptozoology." It is not a paranormal phenomenon or science. That would be ghosts and or aliens. I have never seen an alien. At least not to my knowledge.

Well, my story was more in reference to people who know or believe absolutely that they saw or heard or otherwise experienced something. I do not doubt that they actually did see or hear it. But my point (which perhaps I did not make very well) was, in part, that despite what people either think they see, or actually do see, I suspect there is usually a practical explanation for it. My experience was just an anecdote of something that would have had no factual explanation if we did not actually see the rat. Some in our group would have left with the belief that the cabin was unquestionably haunted given what they actually saw, and there is probably not anything that could have been done to convince them otherwise. They would have told their story to others, and they would not have been lying.

So, in a sense, we were lucky in that case because we actually found the cause of what we had witnessed. Usually, we don't get that chance, and so we are just left with conjecture or theories which can never be proven. Some people's minds seem to naturally drift to the sensational when trying to explain things that cannot be answered.

Bigfoot does not exist. We would know by now if it did.

Science on average discovers 15,000 new species on life on this planet every year. Last year a rare river dolphin of legend was confirmed by science as real. The silver back gorilla was myth until the 1960's. The Billy Ape aka giant chimpanzee was also another myth that was confirmed in recent history.

How can you be so sure? If that is opinion, I full respect that. But you cannot tell me without scientific evidence that it does not exist. Too much evidence from dermal ridges in tracks to DNA have been collected for this to be just a campfire story.

And...

04) Widespread digital cameras & cell phones.

There are more cameras on this earth then there are humans. It shouldn't be this hard to get good footage/photos of a creature that had so many sightings back before everyone was packing a lens of some sort. And now they're still all fuzzy and through trees and brush.

So I put it to you, since you were there and saw the same thing as me, what were those eyes we saw in Cuberant?

Well, my story was more in reference to people who know or believe absolutely that they saw or heard or otherwise experienced something. I do not doubt that they actually did see or hear it. But my point (which perhaps I did not make very well) was, in part, that despite what people either think they see, or actually do see, I suspect there is usually a practical explanation for it. My experience was just an anecdote of something that would have had no factual explanation if we did not actually see the rat. Some in our group would have left with the belief that the cabin was unquestionably haunted given what they actually saw, and there is probably not anything that could have been done to convince them otherwise. They would have told their story to others, and they would not have been lying.

So, in a sense, we were lucky in that case because we actually found the cause of what we had witnessed. Usually, we don't get that chance, and so we are just left with conjecture or theories which can never be proven. Some people's minds seem to naturally drift to the sensational when trying to explain things that cannot be answered.

We barely have a limited understanding of the planet we live on. Let alone all the mysteries of the universe. Exactly what is "Practical?" That can be subjective, and I find that to be an easy way out of having to face the fact that somethings are unexplained. People have a hard time grasping on to things they cannot explain. It leaves an uneasy taste in their mouth and gives them the creeps. I think it is natural for humans to rationalize the unknown because it helps us sleep better at night. But I am telling you, and go back and read my first post in this discussion, along with the history in Cuberant Basin, and there is no practical explanation for what I have seen and experienced. And I have been all over the Uintas, Rockies, PNW, Alaska, and these things do not happen just everywhere. When boy vanishes in a basin like Cuberant and is never found, that raises the mystery level. Kind of hard to fake real people who have vanished in the wilderness. I am not a bigfooter, BRFO dude, or anything like that. I just know what I have seen, and when it happens more than once in the same place, you have to start ruling out the obvious.

I always like to quote Carl Sagan when it comes to this mystery:

"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."

Yes, but give Les Stroud a backpack full of camcorders and I'm sure he'll get something good. :giggle:
Hahahahahahahhahaha.............. I'm rolling

Like you say the evidence absence does not always mean its not there......but in this case its a good indication, given the thousands of game cameras taking good pics out there......

Science on average discovers 15,000 new species on life on this planet every year. Last year a rare river dolphin of legend was confirmed by science as real. The silver back gorilla was myth until the 1960's. The Billy Ape aka giant chimpanzee was also another myth that was confirmed in recent history.

How can you be so sure? If that is opinion, I full respect that. But you cannot tell me without scientific evidence that it does not exist. Too much evidence from dermal ridges in tracks to DNA have been collected for this to be just a campfire story.

Science works in the opposite direction. You have to prove not disprove new discoveries. I have said that is worth serious scientific inquiry but who will do it? It's a career ruiner, Meldrum not withstanding. The ridiculous has been proven to be true before. I just have the doubts I have earlier expressed because of the habitat and environmental misfit. Still going to Cuberant Basin though!

Science works in the opposite direction. You have to prove not disprove new discoveries. I have said that is worth serious scientific inquiry but who will do it? It's a career ruiner, Meldrum not withstanding. The ridiculous has been proven to be true before. I just have the doubts I have earlier expressed because of the habitat and environmental misfit. Still going to Cuberant Basin though!

I completely respect your opinion. Meldrum is compelled because of the cast prints he has examined. I am not sure if it ruined his career. He seems to be still working for Idaho State. I have hiked the entire basin in Cuberant so if you need info or want someone to tag along let me know. Always an adventure in that place!

I completely respect your opinion. Meldrum is compelled because of the cast prints he has examined. I am not sure if it ruined his career. He seems to be still working for Idaho State. I have hiked the entire basin in Cuberant so if you need info or want someone to tag along let me know. Always an adventure in that place!

It will be next Summer so I'll let you know if it happens.

Now thought would say this as concerning 'Bigfoot' sightings. I used to know a backcountry ranger who patroled the Thorofare in the SE part of Yellowstone Park who would talk of his 'Bigfoot' sightings in Yellowstone Park. These sightings of this ranger his said, happened back before the Yellowstone Park fires of 1988. Think they are around this of what we call 'Bigfoot'.

Thanks for posting.