A Little Bit of Bisti

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Trip Reports
We have only been back home from the desert for two days, after 2 weeks away, so not enough time yet to process all photos, or a full TR, but I can fill you in a bit. We went to Bisti after Chaco, by going back out to Hwy 550, then north to county road 7500 (which goes past De-Na-Zin) and west to connect with Hwy 371. This was the route recommended by Chaco visitor centre staff. I had a map of San Juan county roads that I had printed off the county website which showed potentially shorter routes, but went with the surer bet using 7500 which is much better maintained apparently. It was VERY windy at Bisti- we drove a short ways north beyond the parking lot and tucked our pop-up truck camper in the lee of a small butte. Beware of broken bottles which were all over our spot! There are a couple of similar spots just off the Bisti road but also some areas that are posted "no access". I felt sorry for the tenters who had set up in the open nearby and at the parking lot, as the wind howled all night and the next day too.
There are no facilities of any kind at the trailhead. To whet your appetite- a few quick edits:
IMGP9483-copy-3.jpg

IMGP9471-copy-3.jpg

IMGP9462-copy-3.jpg

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.