A BCP Fest Above the Rest

Especially if you get there in the off season, @Miya and @Bobbiesworld626 there is some fantastic hiking around Moab, and of course "busy" places like Arches and Island in the Sky and hwy 128 are absolutely worth seeing. In my personal opinion (which isn't worth a lot compared to that of a lot of the native Utah folks here) the Needles District is some of the best dayhiking anywhere (but don't tell too many people that). It's worth a trip to the Moab area just to go there.

Also thanks for the trip report and good pictures. Liked the "small detail" shots--I very often neglect to take those pictures, even if I do try to pay attention to those small details.

That "mystery meat" Udink had smelled absolutely foul.

Great photos. Hope I can actually make it to the next BCP Fest. If you zip thisaway again sometime, @Miya, let me know. Come through Torrey, it's another whole wonderland to explore. Getting more busy every year, as we local types like to complain, but it's far less crowded than the Moab area. Though as mentioned above, all these places are amazing in the off season and the human presence then drops off precipitously. Goblin Valley under snow is very pretty indeed.

Thanks @b.stark, I just need to find time to visit EVERYWHERE haha.
Yeah...I feel like it wouldn't have been too bad except it had horrible chemical taste. Like...melted plastic...You have to try next time!

Idk if I will ever 'zip' through any time soon @JulieKT, but hope I can get back! So many things i want to still see in CA, internationally, and now Utah. So many places, so short a lifespan.
And yes, you must come to 2.0. It shall be equal or greater fun!

okra I am sure was never meant for consumption.

What??? I used to think that, but our Brazilian friends in Denver got us hooked on Okra:
sliced lengthwise in 1/2, drizzle with olive oil & salt and oven roast at 375-400F till they are light brown (20-30 mins). Yummy!

Thanks, lots of fun photos @Miya and even a new profile photo :cool:
Where do you and @Bobbiesworld626 buy your fun sunglasses?

What??? I used to think that, but our Brazilian friends in Denver got us hooked on Okra:
sliced lengthwise in 1/2, drizzle with olive oil & salt and oven roast at 375-400F till they are light brown (20-30 mins). Yummy!

I lived in the South for 4 years. I have had it every way imaginable except freeze dried. It has a texture of a snotball and no flavor.

I don't enjoy them Sam I Am. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I can definitely get sick of okra after awhile, but the chips are so crunchy. Definitely missing the "snotball" consistency haha so I can eat them a lot more.
Yeah, I cracked myself up with that photo. Thought it would be a good representation of how I behave. LOL
We both wear prescription (maybe the same prescription). I order mine on Coastal.com (they have a lot of BOGO sales and coupons). I think Bobbi gets hers online too, but I forgot the site.

Looks like quite the party! Quite the drive to get there too.
If you are willing to drive that far to Southern Utah for three days, you should drive just a wee bit further and try out the Windrivers. :)

Looks like quite the party! Quite the drive to get there too.
If you are willing to drive that far to Southern Utah for three days, you should drive just a wee bit further and try out the Windrivers. :)

Oh yes, it is 100% on my list for some day. Everything I have seen from that area is my idea of pinnacle outdoor beauty!

@Miya If I remember correctly was it you that spent last Thanksgiving camping? If so might I suggest the Moab area around Thanksgiving. My wife and I have been going there for the last several years. It has been getting busier but still a lot less crowded than the main season. @Bobbiesworld626 I'm not exactly sure what freefall you are referencing but there are some interesting tours, although the number of companies open around that time of year are limited. I used Mike at Moab Canyon Tours, he worked me to make sure everyone, including my mother-in-law, was comfortable completing the trip.

Also as an added bonus if you are there around Thanksgiving you guys could join my wife and I for a hike.

Ok maybe its a rope swing. Whatever. I want to do it.

That's like going bungee jumping but with your stoner buddy doing the rigging. :oops: Maybe start with some canyoneering? Basically the same ropes, just slightly slower on the descent! I'm down with some of that for BCP Fest 2.0, assuming I don't jump into a room full of balloons and break my ribs again right before the next one.

@Nick - You don't have to take it back. Bobbi and I know we are cool haha
I didn't think The Swell was that busy. I am used to seeing crowds like that. But I trust in your wisdom to find a 2.0 spot!

I feel kind of bad that that was your first experience out here, and that I chose the spot. It was a sweet spot, but there were a lot of people around. In all of the nights I've spent camping in Utah, that was by far the most congested, RV/ATV-filled, generator-laden of them all. Usually if I can see people, it's not a good camp. But on the bright side, it's all better after that! (Unless @Bobbiesworld626 convinces you to go to Moab)

For perspective, this is my current map of places I've camped in Utah. Purple means multiple nights. BCP Fest 2.0 will be much better in that aspect.

1555565439279.png

I love being high up and the sensation of falling, so I am always down. Is this an actual thing to pay for and do? Or just a random group of people that did it?

That's like going bungee jumping but with your stoner buddy doing the rigging. :oops: Maybe start with some canyoneering? Basically the same ropes, just slightly slower on the descent! I'm down with some of that for BCP Fest 2.0, assuming I don't jump into a room full of balloons and break my ribs again right before the next one.

I don't have stoner buddies any more. lol. We wanted to some canyoneering during our first trip. It just never happened. But I'm down either way. Yes! no more injuring yourself before any major excursion. And I'm listening to you guys. You tell us where to go. Damn, you have camped a lot of places. I hope my map looks like that one day....I guess i would have to start a map. That's to much work. Never mind.

@Miya IDK..... I saw a video on my FB and it said Moab Utah. I reposted it saying my Utah friends failed me because we didn't do it. So I'm not sure. We would have to ask someone from Utah. lol

Pinks are from costco. Purple ones and from the internet. eyedirectbuy.com I think.something like that. I had Okra chips for lunch.... YUMMMMYYYY!!!!!

@Ugly - What?! You are in Roseville?! Hi!!!! :wavespin:
Confused by your message, when are you leaving? Or you don't know?
I was gonna try and go to Death Valley this weekend since it is a 3 day, but I could hike nearby too.

I was in Roseville for the day only... went in and out to see a client.
Next time though, trying for a longer visit.

Next time @scatman! I can only imagine the crazy antics we would get into! It will be entertaining I am sure!

If I had known you had brought okra, I'd have tagged along with you guys the entire time. I love it and grew up eating it on a regular basis.

Absolutely terrific! It'd be so easy to get caught up in the "big views" and I'm impressed with how you also have the eye for the "small views" in being able to find and capture the beauty of the smaller details (ie Macro). Great pics and I'm glad you had such a great time with the people and the land.