2014 REI Dividends

$0.00! Bought a doggie backpack on the Outlet in 2013. All of my purchases went to whitewater kayaking apparently...that will change, I've already spent a few hundred on backpacking goodies this month. Time for some variety in my life.

I think I'm going to blow my $12 and member coupon on the REI Alcove Shelter and some of the optional wind walls. Hoping it will provide a good shady hangout & flash flood watching spot on the beach this summer. Anyone have any experience with that by chance? Or have other favorite canopy/sun shelters?

I just got $39 - most of my purchase last year were on sale items so no dividend on them... Need a new sleeping bag so with the $39 plus 20% might make sense. Any suggestions for a 3 season bag? Light yet some warmth for cold mountain nights.

I went and bought an ENO rainfly tarp, an ENO bug net and an REI backpacking chair. Has any one ever packed a chair in with them?

I tried the kind that you stick a mattress in once that just sits on the ground. Didn't like it, but I might have been too big for it. A chair with a nice back is the one thing I truly miss when backpacking, but I doubt I'll ever start packing one with what I've seen available. Which chair did you get?

$33.00, I used it to get Kelsey's Tech Canyoneering book. I don't really know if I will be able to do any of the routes because I don't know any canyoneers and don't know of a good class... Going solo with guess work on the ropes sounds like a recipe for an award winning film and many public speaking opportunities. I just read it and dream of maybe someday being able to go. Very lame...

I got $42 (I think my dad must have used my account because I don't recall spending that much money there). I'm trying to decide what to get with the 20%. I might get a bike as one of the novaras is something I've been considering. If not that than I will look at getting a hammock I'll probably end up more practical and pick up a pair of new shoes though.

Still only $1 left from last year. Something is gravely wrong with me. I have walked into REI 3 or 4 times now and walked out with nothing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I think I'm going to blow my $12 and member coupon on the REI Alcove Shelter and some of the optional wind walls. Hoping it will provide a good shady hangout & flash flood watching spot on the beach this summer. Anyone have any experience with that by chance? Or have other favorite canopy/sun shelters?

I got the REI Flex Lite Chair. http://www.rei.com/product/829239/rei-flex-lite-chair

Super comfortable, and it will definitely be a bonus while out backpacking. I don't know if I will pack it in on really long trips however, due to the extra weight.

Several friends have started carrying those on trips. I'm always jealous in camp. Stick to the ones with four legs, the two legged ones are too hard to balance.

I went and bought an ENO rainfly tarp, an ENO bug net and an REI backpacking chair. Has any one ever packed a chair in with them?

I always, always bring a chair. REI flex lite or Alite Monarch Butterfly. Been preferring the REI one as the Alite hurts my knees after a while.

Dividend $290+ w/REI credit card. Probably get new boots this year.

I ended up selling our old gigantic car camping tent and took the proceeds, my dividend and the 20% and picked up an REI Kingdom 4 with the Connect Tech Garage/vestibule thing. I decided I might be able to get enough shade out of that garage with some extra poles to spread it out that an actual shade shelter might not be needed. Should be great for the boat camping trips I have planned this year.

You'll love that Copper Spur UL2, Lisa. That's one of the best tents I've ever owned.