Preheat oven to 350F.
- ½ cup butter, slightly softened
- 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar (can substitute with Honey)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 ½ cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups of favorite dark chocolate chips (one bag of Guittard Chocolate Chips!)
- 2 Cups of crushed Macadamia nuts or Almonds.
Cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Beat in baking soda, then oatmeal and M&M’s.
Make a typical Cookie
Drop onto cookie sheets with an ice cream scoop and flatten slightly. Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes or until done. Do not overbake!
Remove from oven when slightly golden. let the cookie cool on the sheets for a few minutes until they have firmed up enough to remove to wire racks.
Canyon Cookie Bar Variation (10,396 Cal per Batch. about 433 Calories per bar)
If you are like me and don’t want to waste a few hours baking cookies, you can place all of the dough on a cookie sheet (lined with wax paper) and cook it like a pan of brownies. Spread the dough evenly on the cookie sheet and place it in the oven. Bake at 350F for 20 min or until done.
Remove the cookie sheet from the oven when slightly golden brown. Let them cool on the sheet until they are easy to cut and remove from the sheet without making a mess.