What's on your feet?

Double dammit! I got the Camp Fours in the mail today, but they're too narrow in the toebox for me. I'm surprised because I remember how roomy in the toe the Canyoneers were. I guess I won't get to play with sticky shoes this weekend after all.:(

Double dammit! I got the Camp Fours in the mail today, but they're too narrow in the toebox for me. I'm surprised because I remember how roomy in the toe the Canyoneers were. I guess I won't get to play with sticky shoes this weekend after all.:(
boo that sucks

that really surprises me... they are generally considered quite wide. dang!

i'm a big fan of trail runners in the backcountry, currently rocking montrail rockridge's, but love all things salomon. gone through about 5 sets of salomon wings or crossmax's in the last 3 years. they rock. that is all.

That sucks, Lisa. :(
That's one of the reasons I want to buy my next pair again in a local store, so I can try them on.
Even within one specific brand there are often big differences in sizing and width.

@ all:

I definitely want to buy the women's Camp Four soon, so I'll have another pair of hiking shoes.
Does anyone know a store where I can try them on?
The Desert Rat here in St. George only has the men's version and they are way too wide for me. :(
I'm simply too small and so are my feet

That sucks, Lisa. :(
That's one of the reasons I want to buy my next pair again in a local store, so I can try them on.
Even within one specific brand there are often big differences in sizing and width.

@ all:

I definitely want to buy the women's Camp Four soon, so I'll have another pair of hiking shoes.
Does anyone know a store where I can try them on?
The Desert Rat here in St. George only has the men's version and they are way too wide for me. :(
I'm simply too small and so are my feet

What size do you wear? If by some coincidence we wear the same size you could try mine on before I send them back.

Good news! I went to IME and tried on the men's Camp Fours and the toe box is golden so I got my sticky shoes after all. Yay!

Funny, that exactly what my wife did. She ended up with the Men's version as well.

Wade

From wnorton using an iPad and Tapatalk HD.

I always wear Lowa Tibet Pro GTX for hiking and backpacking. 5.10 Canyoneers, if I going into the wet.

All of the 5.10s (and most specialty shoes) I have bought wore out ridiculously fast, so now I just buy what is on sale. My ancient pair of Vasque Sundowners are still used, incredible boot, as are my Converse Chuck Taylors high tops for short water day hikes (@$40 I don't feel bad wearing them out). I wear my Sorels on winter hikes.

anyone used the 5.10 Exum guide? curious about its handling for canyons

If I am not at work, I am usually wearing Chacos. I bought them for the disc golf course and as camp shoes, once I got them broken in, I never took them of. They are the real all terrian shoe/sandle. I might throw some socks on with them if I am planning to to alot of uphill hiking but usually I don't need to. Besides, they are so ugly that they only look normal at an REI, a widespread show, or on the disc golf course but that is usually where I am so oh well.

I always have my Solomans in my pack as well and wear them for anything the Chacos can't handle. My snowshoe boots are Zamberlains.

I own several different hiking shoes. My favorites are the five ten camp four.

In fact I'm so concerned about Adidas buying 5 10 that I'm considering buying a couple more pairs before they screw up the sticky rubber recipe.

Addidas has agreed to let 5.10 be 5.10 with no interference, from what i've been told

Bumping this thread back from the dead to get some fresh opinions. My Garmont Sticky Dragons have shrunk so much that I can't wear them for any reasonable distance without them killing toenails.

I've been considering the Five Ten AEscent for a new slickrock/desert hiking shoe. Any other suggestions/opinions?