Noobs: Introduce Yourself!

Hi everyone, I am Angela and I live in Bakersfield, CA. Originally from Germany, I moved to the US in 2008. Eversince I could walk, I started to explore things. I still do to this day. I love hiking, Photography, and everything that has to do with nature, beauty and the fun that comes with it. I have a special love for the Desert, and I love everything about it. I am looking for new adventures, and people that share the same passion for the things that I do. I am glad to be a part of this community...

Whats up desertlove527, nice of you to sign up.
Miss Buffalo is also from Germany and has desert addiction ;)

Incurable...that about summes it up :thumbsup: Where are you from in Germany?

I used to live for more than ten years in Kiel and my work place included a nice view toward the water front and harbor.
Anyway, it wasn't the best place to live for an outdoor geek like me. No mountains, no outdoor stuff. At least some of it I can enjoy here in Western New York. But that doesn't help with the desert addiction.
Sooner or later I'll move west.
So where are you originally from in Germany?

I am from Frankfurt am Main ( actually about 45 min away from it) a town which is called Erlenbach close to Aschaffenburg am Main. I had the woods right at my door ( well, kind of ) so every Sunday I would go out there, and just walk and hike through them. I discovered my addiction to nature for the first time when I went to the Alps ( Fuessen bei Munich), and I loved it. I always had the facination for the desert, and living in Cali now, the desert addiction isn't getting any better ( in a good way). Every chance I get, I go out there and just enjoy it. I couldn't imagine moving away from here...well, maybe to Utah ( if it wasn't so cold there) :) Good luck to you and I hope you will be able to move this way as soon as you can.

Hi Nick. Sean Neves here. Dax sent me over here and I am very glad he did! Great work. I'll try to get involved in posting. Nothing better than real life beta. I love the look, feel and especially your photos!

Hi Sean, Dax is my older brother and were glad to see you on here.
I hear you guys are doing Grand Gulch this week.

Hello,

I just found the site this week (thanks, Audra!). We hope to get out more this summer with the kids. The site looks great!

Jeremy

Hey folks, Buck aka Nurrgle here. I am from Ogden, Utah but relocated over to Broomfield, Colorado this last year for work. Made a career change from the oil and gas industry to wind and renewables because I was tired of visiting sites that made my stomach turn. The good thing about a change is I have a whole new backyard to explore, super sweet mountains and gnarly backpacking trips galore. Most of my backcountry experiance is throughout northern Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, and now Colorado.

I am starting to spend more time back behind the zion curtain in Southern Utah. Been through Bryce, Zion, Goblin Valley and some trips in Escalante Grand Staircase. I am actually heading down Coyote Gulch next week using a trip report I found on here as my insperation, thanks Nick.

When I am not chasing peaks, backpacking, or hiking, then I am probably at a good show or enjoying my kids.

Hey folks, Buck aka Nurrgle here. I am from Ogden, Utah but relocated over to Broomfield, Colorado this last year for work. Made a career change from the oil and gas industry to wind and renewables because I was tired of visiting sites that made my stomach turn. The good thing about a change is I have a whole new backyard to explore, super sweet mountains and gnarly backpacking trips galore. Most of my backcountry experiance is throughout northern Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, and now Colorado.

I am starting to spend more time back behind the zion curtain in Southern Utah. Been through Bryce, Zion, Goblin Valley and some trips in Escalante Grand Staircase. I am actually heading down Coyote Gulch next week using a trip report I found on here as my insperation, thanks Nick.

When I am not chasing peaks, backpacking, or hiking, then I am probably at a good show or enjoying my kids.

How are the mountains out there as far as crowds go? I hear it can get pretty packed but never spent much time there.

The mountains here are pretty killer. Areas around Boulder and in Rocky Mountain National can get pretty crowded but you lose most people after a mile or two. Everyone is just tourists. Once you get a few miles back in RMNP, it is pretty quiet and you get some killer views like this
:IMG-20110922-00093 (1).JPG

That's my brother in Glacier Gorge taken with my crappy Blackberry from work. We went around to the backside of this lake and had a nice break. You can see how clear the lake is and after about 10 mins all the native trout came out so we kicked it for an hour or so watching them do their thing. A little further back near the end of the gorge is some really nice campsites that I am going to check out this summer.

I have also been into some areas both North and South that are deserted, dog friendly and just as nice as anything in the NP and I have been eyeing the Continental Divide Trail for a nice week trip so watch for a trip report. 8)

Hi everyone,
Donna here! I'm from South Jersey and been a "Jersey Girl" all my life! Sad to say I am a flat lander, but do try to correct that every chance I get!:lol:
Husband and myself love to backpack and hike and find ourselves at the bottom of the Grand Canyon every chance we get! We're not "youngsters" but still have a few good years left:D
Still learning my way around this site so have a lot of exploring to do!

Hi everyone,
Donna here! I'm from South Jersey and been a "Jersey Girl" all my life! Sad to say I am a flat lander, but do try to correct that every chance I get!:lol:
Husband and myself love to backpack and hike and find ourselves at the bottom of the Grand Canyon every chance we get! We're not "youngsters" but still have a few good years left:D
Still learning my way around this site so have a lot of exploring to do!

Welcome, Donna!

Hi, all. I'm John, from Omaha, Nebraska. I stumbled on the site a couple months ago and have used it ever since as my primary method for living vicariously! (while being "grounded" due to work... :\ ) Anyway, I thought it was about time to start interacting!

I've been to southern Utah twice, and it has a very special place in my heart now. I'm aiming to get back in the fall (and terrified that the reality will become next spring...)

Hi, all. I'm John, from Omaha, Nebraska. I stumbled on the site a couple months ago and have used it ever since as my primary method for living vicariously! (while being "grounded" due to work... :\ ) Anyway, I thought it was about time to start interacting!

I've been to southern Utah twice, and it has a very special place in my heart now. I'm aiming to get back in the fall (and terrified that the reality will become next spring...)

Welcome, John! Nebraska isn't too far off, Miss Buffalo comes out from New York and spends more time in the southwest than most people who live there! I guess it probably doesn't help much to always be looking at the trip reports getting posted. :lol:

Welcome, John! Nebraska isn't too far off, Miss Buffalo comes out from New York and spends more time in the southwest than most people who live there! I guess it probably doesn't help much to always be looking at the trip reports getting posted. :lol:

and guess what, in the future I'll spent even more time in the area.
I reached the point that I'm ready to transfer to an Utah university next year :whistle: