Noobs: Introduce Yourself!

Yes that is my sexy ass in cataract gorge. I'm doing alright, still kicking one day at a time.

So what's up with the Bogley breakup? Can't we all just get along?

James

Yes that is my sexy ass in cataract gorge. I'm doing alright, still kicking one day at a time. So what's up with the Bogley breakup? Can't we all just get along?
James

We were always labeled and whiners, drama queens, and complainers over there yet contributed a fair amount of the content. Anytime we had concerns about the direction of the site we were told to "deal with it". So we started our own forum focused on Utah based low impact outdoor activities. We made a mistake of creating dog poop icon that popped up when someone typed the word Bogley in the very early stages of the site when there was only a few members testing out the new software. At that time we were slightly disgruntled but we admit it was a mistake, we removed it and have apologized for multiple times. Not sure what else we can do about it. We also emailed Beech notifying him of the new forum the day it went live to avoid any bad feelings but he claims to have never received it.

Meanwhile Acca and Beech went off the deep end, they decided to "play god" by editing/deleting our posts and blocking all references to backcountrypost.com. We told them we have no desire to fight or compete with them but they accuse us of stealing their ideas and members. Acca has justified these actions by stating "one bank would never advertise for another bank" while beech has spammed outdoor forums such as UtahMountainBiking.com for years trying to attract new members to his own forum that also discuses mountain biking.

I hold no ill will towards bogley and wish them nothing but the best.

I grew up in Missoula, Montana and didn't think Utah was beautiful until the summer in 2001 when I did an archaeology field school (dig) in the Big Flats region of the Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument. Then I was in love! I love to backpack when I can leave my kids behind at this age, and we do a lot of family hiking and camping. I love day hikes too.

There is so much more I hope to see and do someday! I am especially interested in doing some canyoneering and would like to do some kayaking around Lake Powell--I've never explored there at all and spent 4 years selling houseboat trips there.

I spent a semester abroad in Israel in the fall of 2000 and was able to do some awesome stuff there, I really hope to revisit the area someday, currently I'm shooting for the 20 years later visit. I also taught English in Japan for about 8 months and want to revisit those places too.

I have 3 children, 2 of whom are little enough to keep me from doing too much, but I do what I can with my twin sister pinecone and husband Tyler

We were always labeled and whiners, drama queens, and complainers over there yet contributed a fair amount of the content. Anytime we had concerns about the direction of the site we were told to "deal with it". So we started our own forum focused on Utah based low impact outdoor activities. We made a mistake of creating dog poop icon that popped up when someone typed the word Bogley in the very early stages of the site when there was only a few members testing out the new software. At that time we were slightly disgruntled but we admit it was a mistake, we removed it and have apologized for multiple times. Not sure what else we can do about it. We also emailed Beech notifying him of the new forum the day it went live to avoid any bad feelings but he claims to have never received it.

Meanwhile Acca and Beech went off the deep end, they decided to "play god" by editing/deleting our posts and blocking all references to backcountrypost.com. We told them we have no desire to fight or compete with them but they accuse us of stealing their ideas and members. Acca has justified these actions by stating "one bank would never advertise for another bank" while beech has spammed outdoor forums such as UtahMountainBiking.com for years trying to attract new members to his own forum that also discuses mountain biking.

I hold no ill will towards bogley and wish them nothing but the best.

I still like Bogley; I've met a lot of really cool people there (hell, I met most of you there), learned about some really cool spots there, and participated in some great trips to those cool spots with those cool people, and ya know, sometimes I like to argue in the political section too. I'll probably stick around there as long as the site exists. But I thought the dog poop was kinda funny.

I grew up in Missoula, Montana and didn't think Utah was beautiful until the summer in 2001 when I did an archaeology field school (dig) in the Big Flats region of the Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument. Then I was in love! There is so much more I hope to see and do someday! I am especially interested in doing some canyoneering and would like to do some kayaking around Lake Powell--I've never explored there at all and spent 4 years selling houseboat trips there.

I spent a semester abroad in Israel in the fall of 2000 and was able to do some awesome stuff there, I really hope to revisit the area someday, currently I'm shooting for the 20 years later visit. I also taught English in Japan for about 8 months and want to revisit those places too.

I have 3 children, 2 of whom are little enough to keep me from doing too much, but I do what I can with my twin sister pinecone and husband Tyler

Welcome to the forum honey :).

Hey all' i'm new to this community, which BTW has a great layout/photography and supersolid trip posts- Thanks! Quick question- Does anyone have directions to Colonnade Arch? GPS as well as road description would be helpful. I would be coming from crack canyon/goblin valley- Thanks again, cheers!

Hey all' i'm new to this community, which BTW has a great layout/photography and supersolid trip posts- Thanks! Quick question- Does anyone have directions to Colonnade Arch? GPS as well as road description would be helpful. I would be coming from crack canyon/goblin valley- Thanks again, cheers!

Welcome! :cool:

Hey guys, my name is Chris. I've been hiking and skiing around Utah for as long as I can remember, though my 6 month old has slowed down my activity levels the past few months. But I just bought my Deuter Kid comfort pack and hope to log 250 with the little guy this year.

Hey guys, my name is Chris. I've been hiking and skiing around Utah for as long as I can remember, though my 6 month old has slowed down my activity levels the past few months. But I just bought my Deuter Kid comfort pack and hope to log 250 with the little guy this year.
Welcome uintafly NICE avatar!

just discovered the forum via Summit & thought I'd introduce myself.
I live in Boulder Utah (moved here from Chicago in fall 2007 with my first 6 months in Utah spent as an interpretive ranger volunteer at Arches NP - relocating to Boulder in March 2008) & get out and free explore the Escalante Canyons every chance i get.
i've turned into a geology geek.
I also make abstract sand paintings from hand collected & hand ground sandstones, etc.
looking forward to participating here.

just discovered the forum via Summit & thought I'd introduce myself.
I live in Boulder Utah (moved here from Chicago in fall 2007 with my first 6 months in Utah spent as an interpretive ranger volunteer at Arches NP - relocating to Boulder in March 2008) & get out and free explore the Escalante Canyons every chance i get.
i've turned into a geology geek.
I also make abstract sand paintings from hand collected & hand ground sandstones, etc.
looking forward to participating here.
Welcome intuitive cat!

Great spot to choose to live! You've got the mountains on one side, the desert on the other. I'd say that's as close to paradise as you can get. (My wife would generally agree, except for missing out onthe amenities that come from being closer to civilization. )

I love it here. It called to me. on my first trip out here we did not even spend much time in the area, but i vividly remember gazing out from the hogsback & feeling deep inside that i needed to spend more time immersed in this landscape than a trip would allow.
So, I sold most of my belongings and 6 months after the initial trip left the city.
the VIP term at Arches really helped by providing a situation in which i did not have to initially look for housing. It didn't pay much (a $5 a day stipend) but was more than worth it. It was winter and i got to spend half days behind the desk pouring through reference materials. The other half of the day was mostly spent exploring the petrified dunes area & other off trail spots, since there was hardly anyone in the park (it was winter) & i had a supervisor who was pretty casual.
Boulder was still in my head, so I looked for work over here and luckily was able to make the move. It only took one dayhike to convince me i wanted to be here rather than Moab. (more colors here & a milder climate - not to mention the lack of the circus that Moab has become)

Yes, it is very tricky to live here in terms of amenities and supplies, but it has giving me a greater appreciation of the actual effort that it takes to get those things to us. We have an amazing farmer's market plus I garden myself. Types of food become very seasonaI.
I work at Hills & Hollows and live on the property, which is very handy, as it gives me access to UNFI distributed organic & natural foods (a rarity in Southern Utah).
The winters are crazy quiet, which gives me a lot of time to work on art 7 get out into the canyons when virtually no one is there.

I live in Boulder too. The other Boulder. Boulder Colorado. Traveling, hiking, photography and dancing are my passions. I am new to photography, so sometimes overwhelmed on all there is to learn! The Rocky Mountains are my playground most of the time. Any interest in Trip Reports from my region?

Great site!