Noobs: Introduce Yourself!

Very cool. I intended to go there on my trip last March but didn't make it. Hopefully next time around. I definitely need to spend more time in Cedar Mesa, especially backpacking. BTW, I love your signature.
Yeah Edward Abbey is one of my favorite writers. Actually it was your TR from The Maze that introduced me to his Desert Solitaire, speaking of Abbey. If you are thinking of backpacking Cedar Mesa I would recommend the Fish and Owl canyons loop. I had the pleasure of backpacking that trail this past October. Its an awesome hike but there's a lot of elevation loss and then gain on the hike out which was pretty brutal with a heavy pack on, but totally worth it.

Now that is just awesome. That makes me very happy to have introduced someone to that book. :D

The Fish-Owl loop sounds awesome. I didn't know that was a backpacking route over there. Is there a decent supply of water? I'd love to see a trip report!

Now that is just awesome. That makes me very happy to have introduced someone to that book. :D

The Fish-Owl loop sounds awesome. I didn't know that was a backpacking route over there. Is there a decent supply of water? I'd love to see a trip report!
I suppose I should thank you for that, Gracias:). I love how he is cynical where he needs to be on things such as society and institutionalized living but all around loves life and the "Call of the Wild" so to speak. I didn't have trouble finding water down at Fish and Owl at all but it was all really silty so straining it is definitely advised. My friends Katadyn water filter pretty much was rendered useless (the handle broke off and pumping was near impossible) as was my other friends MSR (because I was the O ring being a dunce) on the last day we were there so we really had to ration water for the last 7 miles or so but it was all good. Owl canyon doesn't have too much water but it can be found and Fish creek was actually flowing pretty well about a mile up from the confluence to me and my friends surprise. I'll post a trip report pretty soon here.

Hi folks. I've been lurking for a while and decided it's finally time to step up to the campfire and say hello. This is a great, great place for photos of fabulous places. Thanks for having me.
Eric

noobie here too!
Into just about everything outdoors - fishing & fly fishing, hunting, camping, backpacking, hiking, snowshoeing. Live in Layton, Utah. I'm also an entrepreneur, author and more.

noobie here too!
Into just about everything outdoors - fishing & fly fishing, hunting, camping, backpacking, hiking, snowshoeing. Live in Layton, Utah. I'm also an entrepreneur, author and more.

Welcome! Sounds like you do a lot of cool stuff. Looking forward to hearing more! :D

Federica, Welcome! I have a colleague who recently visited Italy and did a hiking tour along the coast near Capri. I was so inspired I am sure I will be dragging ibenick to Italy in the coming years. Beautiful coastal areas, please share any pictures you have to help me make my case.
Hi Audraiam, I'm glad you want to visit my country, let me know when you decide, I'll be glad to help you in the planning with any info you might need!

Time to weigh in after monitoring this place for a while. I am a newcomer to Hiking (4 years) and have spent three of my last four vacations in Utah ... Zion ... Cedar Breaks San Rafael Reef. A novice canyoner (one day training with Zion Adventures) and am hooked on red rock and desert. I will post some of our pictures from my next outing on the Bruce Trail (800km) on Niagara Escarpment for a comparison of my world to the Utah world of my dreams.

Time to weigh in after monitoring this place for a while. I am a newcomer to Hiking (4 years) and have spent three of my last four vacations in Utah ... Zion ... Cedar Breaks San Rafael Reef. A novice canyoner (one day training with Zion Adventures) and am hooked on red rock and desert. I will post some of our pictures from my next outing on the Bruce Trail (800km) on Niagara Escarpment for a comparison of my world to the Utah world of my dreams.
Welcome to Backcountry Post the gordoNator !

Hello Everybody!

Good lookin' site, Nick! Glad I finally got a chance to sign up; I've been knee-deep in re-working my own site. It's still in disarray, but it'll get there, unless... I go for another big hike first! I'm thinking about another long "Across Utah" hike this spring. Details still TBD.

Can't wait to check out all the cool conversations here.

Hope all is good.
- Jamal

Hello Everybody!

Good lookin' site, Nick! Glad I finally got a chance to sign up; I've been knee-deep in re-working my own site. It's still in disarray, but it'll get there, unless... I go for another big hike first! I'm thinking about another long "Across Utah" hike this spring. Details still TBD.

Hope all is good.
- Jamal

So glad to see you here, Jamal! Looking forward to more of those epic videos!

Hello Everybody!

Hope all is good.
- Jamal

I already hate you just a little bit.....

Glad you are here.. looking forward to seeing more reasons to hate you and your ability to get away for prolonged periods of time ;)

<end sarcasm font>

Hello Everybody!

Hope all is good.
- Jamal
Can't wait to watch another one of your awesome treks!!!! :twothumbs: