Guess the spot

I'm going to guess (mostly because I think we need more hints) somewhere in the Gros Ventre Wilderness.

You got it! It's Tosi Creek in Gros Ventre. I knew someone was looking for it when I saw a big spike in my website traffic!

You're up.

I enjoy this game so I did some snooping. :) It still wasn't obvious though.

I've wanted to visit that area for some time now. I've always wondered "what is down that road" as I drove by between YNP and Jackson.

Possibly too obscure? I wondered how good Yellowstone knowledge was amongst the community.

This is Cache Lake at the foot of Electric Peak. They're near Mammoth Hot Springs, but are an ambitious hike. Most backpack to get up Electric.

Surely this will be a baton passer.Canyoneering1 137.JPG

Possibly too obscure? I wondered how good Yellowstone knowledge was amongst the community.
This is Cache Lake at the foot of Electric Peak. They're near Mammoth Hot Springs, but are an ambitious hike. Most backpack to get up Electric.

Hey Scott, you can't give up on us so soon. There are a LOT of Yellowstone travelers here. A hint first please :) I could of gotten that one if you would just have hinted: Yellowstone:Near Mammoth: Electric Peak. Have you summited or walked the through hike in the Gallatins near Electric?

Hey Scott, you can't give up on us so soon. There are a LOT of Yellowstone travelers here. A hint first please :) I could of gotten that one if you would just have hinted: Yellowstone:Near Mammoth: Electric Peak. Have you summited or walked the through hike in the Gallatins near Electric?
Art
Duly noted on the hints. I assumed Electric being out of Utah skewed its hintablity. Sadly I have neither done the through hike (never could get enough time off, but sorely want to) nor did I summit. My profile pic is from my summit attempt. So dang close but fried nerves made a couple scrambling moves more than I wanted to do. I need to stop trying for summit attempts, even easy ones, solo.

Duly noted on the hints. I assumed Electric being out of Utah skewed its hintablity. Sadly I have neither done the through hike (never could get enough time off, but sorely want to) nor did I summit. My profile pic is from my summit attempt. So dang close but fried nerves made a couple scrambling moves more than I wanted to do. I need to stop trying for summit attempts, even easy ones, solo.

I did one of the through hike backpacks just south of there and aspire to do this one and summit. I don't mind summiting solo. You should join me! Oh, wait.. kinda changes the whole solo gig... In the Gallatins and their bear preserves the solo crux is not the peaks. You are safe from the brown bears on top!

Horseshoe Canyon?

Oh jeez, how did I not recognize this--I was just there a few weeks ago?! I just looked at my photos and, yeah, this is where the old road drops into the west side of Horseshoe. I kept thinking it looked more like something near Moab (like Hellroaring Canyon) but couldn't reconcile it with the satellite imagery in Google Earth. :facepalm: