Guess the spot

Ampitheater Lake on the east flanks of the Grand Teton. I wanna climb that right skyline. The North Ridge. Actually that may be a sub-peak in front of the Grand... "Disappointment Peak"

Ding ding got it. The lake is Amphitheater and the peak is Disappointment, named for the feeling someone obtained when trying to get to the Grand Teton's summit from here. Apparently there is a good sized gap between the two mountains.

Ding ding got it. The lake is Amphitheater and the peak is Disappointment, named for the feeling someone obtained when trying to get to the Grand Teton's summit from here. Apparently there is a good sized gap between the two mountains.

Have you climbed the Grand? The North Ridge?

Hint: This is not in Utah.
I am going to need the formal name for this magnificent feature and a pretty detailed location description please. popcorn.gif Screen Shot 2014-01-05 at 1.59.32 PM.png

Sadly neither. I've only been to the saddle between South and Middle Tetons and the ridge left of Amphitheater Lake in the picture. I was going for Disappointment on the trip I took this picture but chickened out when I got a view straight down into Garnet Canyon. I've still got a bit a height issue, especially when the height is a few thousand feet. But the Grand Teton is high on my list of places to reach... once I've gotten over that.

The Galle crater on Mars.

Well done, Aldaron! Now that is a desert to be awestruck with. I would love to visit it but I will need a vehicle upgrade. You're up.

BTW I was wondering if someone would come up with the geo-coordinates and we could have the whole mapping coordinate system debate again :whistle:

That is why I took up rock climbing :) and it seems to have mostly worked. I believe that fear of heights is a healthy thing.

Awesome because I'm doing just that to help out. I'm glad to hear it works.

I figured you would have been disappointed in me if I didn't get that one!

I'm on the road right now... I'll post one when I get home this afternoon.