Guess the spot

That opened up some possibilities... we have a McMahon Lake, Bradshaw Lake and Aikman Lake. Googling Montana Lake doesn't help at all. No Marino Lake but there is a Marino's Marina. No Roethlisberger Lake if anyone was wondering. Moon Lake is in Utah so that's already been ruled out. From current results, I'm going to officially guess Favre Lake (or possibly Young Lake).

Last edited:
Sort of a wild guess, but this reminds me of the ruins you see as you're dropping into Grand Gulch from the Government trail.

No, but I'll give 2 hints. The Big Sky,, The Way West
I don't want to hijack this thread by posting a photo that is too obscure for most people outside of Montana so I'll give out a substitute in place of my previous post which was from the Sun River WMA
at the foot of the Rocky Mountain Front where the Sun River enters the Bob Marshall Wilderness. AB Guthrie, the author of The Big Sky and The Way West had his home nearby in Augusta

here's a better one as I' m sure many of you have been here

IMG_0013.jpg

I don't want to hijack this thread by posting a photo that is too obscure for most people outside of Montana so I'll give out a substitute in place of my previous post which was from the Sun River WMA
at the foot of the Rocky Mountain Front where the Sun River enters the Bob Marshall Wilderness. AB Guthrie, the author of The Big Sky and The Way West had his home nearby in Augusta

here's a better one as I' m sure many of you have been here

View attachment 39828
Wow, that elk herd is fantastic - I am going there in the winter. Course it will have to be outside of the closure time which is when the video team visited I assume. Thanks Bob!

Could be the City of Rocks in Idyho. Or even the City of Rocks in southern New Mexico.