Guess the spot: Maps Edition

Seldom Seen, Now was gonna wait till possibly someone else guesses but no takers so will say an answer. It is up the Right Fork of North Creek in Zion Nat'l Park below the Double Falls Area with some of the south side slopes and mountains. Have been in there some years ago.
Such a Nice Place!

Last edited:
Seldom Seen, Now was gonna wait till possibly someone else guesses but no takers so will say an answer. It is up the Right Fork of North Creek in Zion Nat'l Park below the Double Falls Area with some of the south side slopes and mountains. Have been in there some years ago.
Such a Nice Place!

You got it!! We ended up going to double falls, hiking back to camp in the dark, dang near stepping on a beaver and then going up trail canyon to the saddle between Trail and coal pits /terry wash.
c20172c10f18aa02a763d11f8fd46f59.jpg
6187148f771e3b750ebdce701710ceee.jpg
295f24f7095fb363a7837a20937d35c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seldom Seen, Nice Photos! Wow! I remember some years ago going up both the Left and Right Forks to both the Subway and Double Falls. Such a nice area. Nice from that saddle, will have to do it someday. Also now for sometime have wanted to get up to the top of Cougar Mountain in that area up on top in a lengthy deep Zion Park backcountry hike.

Last edited:
upload_2016-10-11_17-16-56.png

Now here is the next one. A place that I have been to often thru the years. Wishing Everyone the Best!

Now thought of saying some stories of some Grizzly Bear experiences that I have had in the area of this lake. This will provide a hint of this area's location that it is in an area that has been known Grizzly Bear habitat for years. Almost did this last night but decided of posting these stories today instead.

The first story happened back around the time of the summer solstice of 1986 - about June 21st, 1986. I was camped near the outlet of the lake in the picture. Early in the morning I went over to the outlet of the lake nearby where the small group of trees are located. I was here for about 10 to 15 minutes sitting and enjoying the lake. When I got up to go back to my campsite, here on the other side of the lake's outlet was a Sow Grizzly with three newborn cubs of the year. The Sow Grizzly came down to the other side of the outlet among some willows being about 20 to 25 feet away with only the water of the outlet of the lake separating us. The bear and her cubs must of just then came up to the lake from below.. The Sow Grizzly and myself stared at each other for some minutes then the bear went to her cubs and retreated rapidly up the slope on the other side of the lake. Do believe if it wasn't for the water between us, the outcome of this story would have been completely different.

The other happened in early August of 2011. I was hiking on a trail nearby this area. I went around a bend in the trail and there right above me on the slope was also a Sow Grizzly with 3 newborn cubs of the year. The one thing that all hikers do NOT want to come upon, that is coming around something in the wilderness and right there is a Sow Grizzly with her newborn cubs. And this was just that type of experience. When I saw the bears I instantly stopped, pulled out my bear spray, and faced the Sow Grizzly. It seems the bears were just as much in shock as I was. The Sow Grizzly then retreated sideways to the trail above someways from where I was standing with then being 50 to 100 feet away. Two of the three cubs followed their mother. The bear made a few steps in my direction then turned around and vanished around the bend in the trail where I had just come with two of the cubs following. The other cub remaining started to bawl. Then with the Sow Grizzly mother having retreated around the bend and out of sight, and the other cub bawling, I very quickly went down the trail and out of the area. I did not see or come upon these bears again.

I have been here many a time thru the years and it is good Grizzly Bear wild wild country. Wishing Everyone the Best!

Last edited:
Now will give another hint, this lake is in Northwest Wyoming and sits at about 8500 feet or so in elevation. And along with what I said earlier in known Grizzly Bear wild country.

Wishing Everyone the Best!

As soon as I saw the image, I thought it looked like Yellowstone or somewhere nearby. I scoured some maps but came up empty-handed. I bet someone on here (like @scatman) knows it though.

Now thought I would post a photo of the lake and figured out how, but will wait till someone guesses the correct answer. Kinda surprised that no one has guessed so far. Again personally have been here multiple multiple times thru the years. Wishing Everyone the Best!

Last edited:
As soon as I saw the image, I thought it looked like Yellowstone or somewhere nearby. I scoured some maps but came up empty-handed. I bet someone on here (like @scatman) knows it though.

I don't think it is in Yellowstone. I'm guessing the Teton Wilderness or perhaps the Washakie but the question is where.

Now you both are right that it is the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. It is located in the Greater South Absaroka Wilderness Roadless Unit made up of the Southeast part of Yellowstone NP, the Teton Wilderness, the Washakie Wilderness, and some adjoining country.

Wishing Everyone the Best!

Haha I just got on and found it within 30 seconds. Dumb luck.

Clear Creek Lake.

p227295640-4.jpg

Jackson, You are Correct! Yea!!! Yes, Clear Creek Lake or sometimes called just Clear Lake. You are now next!

The lake is located about 7 miles up from the Turpin Meadows Trailhead Area up the Buffalo Valley Road outside of Moran, Wy. On the north side of the Turpin Meadows little loop road is the Clear Creek Trail. It is located about 7 miles up this trail. Also one can go up the Buffalo River Trail (on the way to Bridger Lake and the Thorofare) to the Soda Fork Meadows and then to the North Buffalo Meadows. Here right before these meadows is a trail leading up to the top and this lake. From near this lake is a trail which goes on down to Enos Lake located not far from upper Pacific Creek. There is also small Divide Lake quite close nearby. Fishermen come up to these lakes sometimes in the summer. It makes a great dayhike if one is camped at the Soda Fork Meadows where the Soda Fork meets the North Fork of the Buffalo. Now behind this lake is a 9,100 and something plus foot knob which offers great views of all the surrounding country. This knob can be climbed easily from either the Soda Fork Meadows or from the Clear Lake Area. It is all excellent Grizzly Bear Country. Wishing Everyone the Best!