Guess the spot: Maps Edition

Thank you!

Entry via … to …

3ea8915cc6fadc9dfb7f9b361b2cc52d.png

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Sorry no, Art. [emoji4]

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I'm not sure, Dan, if the bypass begin there. Maybe @Jammer knows more about this. But The Gulch is correct.

We came from the Escalante River/Hansen cabin and went via Brigham Tea Bench into the Lower Gulch.

You're up! Bring a nice one. [emoji4]

I'm not sure, Dan, if the bypass begin there. Maybe @Jammer knows more about this. But The Gulch is correct.

We came from the Escalante River/Hansen cabin and went via Brigham Tea Bench into the Lower Gulch.

It is not the entrance/exit I thought it was. I was thinking here 37.7598, -111.3003. Steve Allen outlines it in C2, and 3. I've used it, beautiful area, although lower is much more attractive than the upper.

here's the view as you walk down in.

Here's the new challenge. I walked past this, and scoped a route down to check it out. Next time....

Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 8.19.32 PM.png

Wowza -- good eyes, @slc_dan !

That is where one can access the high ground to bypass the waterfall downstream. I think there is another spot closer to the waterfall and the narrows, but it involves some scrambling. That's per Kelsey so it might be a full on climb! I've only used the pictured/easy bypass.

Wowza -- good eyes, @slc_dan !

That is where one can access the high ground to bypass the waterfall downstream. I think there is another spot closer to the waterfall and the narrows, but it involves some scrambling. That's per Kelsey so it might be a full on climb! I've only used the pictured/easy bypass.

I found the bypass close to the waterfall via Steve Allen. There is a very small amount of scrambling at the very bottom of the canyon, last layer. Just checked my photo's of the trip and I did not get a photo of it. I remember thinking MOST would do it with another person, I would feel comfortable doing so solo. I remember I could even reach up and pass down my dog in the spots needed.

So who's going to guess on the one I posted?

I'll give it one more day and zoom out a bit.

So who's going to guess on the one I posted?
I'll give it one more day and zoom out a bit.

I know... but I'll let others play! :)

I am very curious what you mean by "walked past this" though. Do you mean the actual pinnacle or just the canyon via the rim on the southeast? (is that somewhat of a clue itself?)

I know... but I'll let others play! :)

I am very curious what you mean by "walked past this" though. Do you mean the actual pinnacle or just the canyon via the rim on the southeast? (is that somewhat of a clue itself?)

I was referring to the small side canyon, looks like it had a nice grotto up there. Down canyon there is a scree pile pile easily leading down.

For Guess the Spot, I'm just talking about the main canyon system, and yes, I walked it via the Wingate rim on the Southeast. :) One of the finest canyons I've walked. I'm hoping to spend a longer trip there this spring.

slc_dan, now wasn't gonna say anything but since it has been a few days, guess will days something. It looks to be from a place up in Stevens Canyon, maybe about 3 to 4 miles up, in the Greater Lower Escalante Canyon System. Such a nice place.

slc_dan, now wasn't gonna say anything but since it has been a few days, guess will days something. It looks to be from a place up in Stevens Canyon, maybe about 3 to 4 miles up, in the Greater Lower Escalante Canyon System. Such a nice place.

Guess fast and often! You've got it, and I agree.

What have you got for us?

upload_2016-10-5_15-56-11.png

Thanks Dan! Stevens Canyon is such a nice place. I have to get back to that Good Escalante Country again.

Now here is a place that I have been often. Such a Great and Wild Place!

Jackson you are correct. Go For It!

Also as for myself personally, have seen many a Grizzly here in this area with several really close
encounters in the area. In my opinion, one of the best places in the entire lower 48.

Last edited:
Jackson you are correct. Go For It!

Also as for myself personally, have seen many a Grizzly here in this area with several really close
encounters in the area. In my opinion, one of the best places in the entire lower 48.
I'm dying to get there. Been staring at it on maps for a long time. Hoping my friends will be willing to join me within the next year or two because there's no way I'm brave enough go to that area alone.

Next up:
desert stuff.png