Guess the Spot: International Edition

LOL, that's a funny quinkydink. And Saor Alba, from another of Scots ancestry. Maybe we should have a guess the Scot thread.

OK, here's a photo that's famous, shot by one of the nicest people on the planet and also who's one of us (at least he's originally from SLC, I think, and now lives in Colorado when he has a home) - Jack Brauer - and no cheating by going to his website:

waterfalls.jpg

Last edited:
I was there last summer but I'm not going to solve the riddle right now as I have no photo at hand to post.
Maybe later...

It is very nice indeed, although it is massively overcrowded.

It's the Plitvice lakes in Croatia.
It was the film location of "The treasure of the silver lakes", a european western movie film, based on the stories of Karl May. I don't know if the Winnetou films and the Karl May novels were popular in the US but they were in Europe.

Oh, I don't live there, it's almost 600 miles away from my place.
Croatia is always worth a visit, Slovenia too.

So let's go somewhere else, where is this?
It's quite a popular place but not in Croatia.
imgp9604_0800-jpg.57290

Attachments

• IMGP9604_0800.jpg
    IMGP9604_0800.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 93
Ah, ok, now I got it. Yes, it's not the worst place.

Not in Poland.
The longitude is similar but is is more to the south.

No idea?
Forget about the longitude I mentioned in my previous post, I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that. Neither longitude nor latitude is similar, sorry for that mistake.
The latitude is similar to the Plitivce lakes but it is more west.

I was checking out the Tatras in Poland some time ago as a friend was there and saw this beautiful river in Slovakia. Is it the Vah?

Here's a clue: this is not in the U.S. :)

But a lot of U.S. climbers go there, and skiers go there to heli-ski because it's not that far.

Back