zipperless sleeping bag

regehr

a friend from outside the USA is visiting me this spring and is getting a few gear items shipped to my place, for him to take home after visiting. the other day a zipperless sleeping bag arrived. it's pretty wild. has anyone used one of these? I feel like it would be annoying to not be able to unzip it at the start of the night and slowly zip up as it cools off.

I'm hoping he'll take this item out when we go backpacking in April!

Zipperless/snapless pants next?

Had a bag that only had a half zipper on both sides....hated it.

Tried my friend's zipperless sleeping bag for one night and it was a pain! If you get too warm there is no way to cool down unless you get out of the bag completely.......There is a reason those types of bags will never be a seller.

Reactions: Bob
Years ago I used one for lightweight climbing trips. With a down jacket it worked great down to freezing temps. They were/are called Elephants Foot. Also popular in the Alps for bivvys.

Wow, this seems like the exact opposite of what I would want. But then again, since trying out a quilt I have never once slept in a sleeping bag since...

I have a zipper-less hybrid bag from Sierra Designs that I really like - switched to a quilt for my main nowadays though.

This one looks like a pain to get in and out of compared to the one I had. Maybe it's not as bad as it looks.

Back