Youtube Outdoor Videos

blueeyes

ephemeral excursionist
I am bored today. Weather screwed up all of my plans so I am just sitting here drooling over outdoor gear. Looking for future trip ideas and perusing random youtube videos.

This Hiker in Estonia is making me laugh! She is adorable. English is obviously not her native language and she is pretty cute when she messes up. Had to share.

Here she is setting up a tarp in different configurations.

Here she is talking about budget hiking gear.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvw83C8PPHDrgKGTcWSl80Q

Here she is spending new year's by herself in the rain and THEN her mom joins here.

She makes me laugh. So what videos do you enjoy watching?

Excellent! After I laugh through a few more the Hiker in Estonia (really love her honest emotions) I will check out these others. I do love Jamal's videos.

Excellent! After laugh through a few more the Hiker in Estonia (really love her honest emotions) I will check out these others. I do love Jamal's videos.

I know I forgot some people who are members here and also have Youtube channels. I just can't remember them because I'm old enough to be their Dad's Dad.:moses:

Joey's are great. Sintax77 has some good ones too especially with his buddy Mike. David Gray does some cool trips but he's good in small doses imo. Just an odd personality.

Joey's are great. Sintax77 has some good ones too especially with his buddy Mike. David Gray does some cool trips but he's good in small doses imo. Just an odd personality.

I just can't spend too much time butt planted. Gotta do it a lot more than watch it.:coffee:

I just can't spend too much time butt planted. Gotta do it a lot more than watch it.:coffee:

You live vicariously through youtuber's when you are stuck in Illinois funding a couple big trips a year.

Then you wise up and move out west, lol.

You live vicariously through youtuber's when you are stuck in Illinois funding a couple big trips a year.

Then you wise up and move out west, lol.

Or when what you planned is canceled because of shitty weather. Although it looks like the storm has blown over enough I might grab a bike and go.

Okay Estonia is now on my eternal list of things to do.

Martyupnorth is another good one. He does looooong treks up in the Alberta wilderness areas, usually solo.

I enjoy watching two particular channels. My Own Frontier has some excellent videos as well as The More We Explore. I enjoy watching those guys when I can't make it outside. I think they might be on this forum as well.

That would be @Joey and @steve. Joey still pops in every now and then (he's out on a trip more often than not now days) but haven't seen anything from Steve here since he and Tess hit the road with their new RV lifestyle. I enjoy following them on Youtube as well.

Some other ones not already mentioned here that I like to follow in no particular order are Dana Hollister (Cedar Mesa, ruins), Jaxx Drinkwater (east coast trips, cooking), Joe Brewer (thru-hiking, gear tips, reviews), John Amorasano (beautiful camera work/editing with some exciting PCT/JMT videos and other trails/trips), Shugemery (hammock guru, entertaining personality, good trip vids), and The Wasatch Gear Review (an acquaintance who does lots of local trail/trip vids and gear reviews), our own @Blake Merrell who occasionally puts out some cool canyoneering videos and of course another friend, @Devin Ashby, who is very active with his channel at Backcountry Exposure (trips and gear reviews).

For any interested, I also have a channel that I like to post trip vids to supplement my TR's. I also plan to post some more more reviews and other informational videos through the future. It can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC082hft0wIv4mMvc40Q2qZQ

That Jamal/AcrossUtah guy is SO overly dramatic! ;)

Thanks for the mention. I enjoy the YouTube community, but find it funny that on any given day I will get accused of of being overly dramatic for simple adventures by one YT commenter and then soon after somebody else will say that I take undue risks and could waste their tax dollars on search and rescue! The truth is probably somewhere in between, but I promise to never totally fake it like a certain other survivorman in Utah! :facepalm:

I'm heading out again soon. Joey and I might be in the same area for a while, so we will see if our paths cross again and we end up in each other's video!

Thanks for the mention. I enjoy the YouTube community, but find it funny that on any given day I will get accused of of being overly dramatic for simple adventures by one YT commenter and then soon after somebody else will say that I take undue risks and could waste their tax dollars on search and rescue! The truth is probably somewhere in between, but I promise to never totally fake it like a certain other survivorman in Utah! :facepalm:

I'm heading out again soon. Joey and I might be in the same area for a while, so we will see if our paths cross again and we end up in each other's video!
I have never thought any of your vids were overly dramatic. Haha!

My biggest complaint ....jealousy. I am stuck at work and you or any other YouTuber is out playing. And that sometimes pisses me off. [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Your videos are great! Well balanced between scenery, narration, and all that goes into it. And what would the world be without Mr. Shadow?!

Youtube is fun! Thanks @WasatchWill for the mention. My channel has much more gear reviews than trip videos. Although I film literally every trip I go on and share it on my channel.
@Jammer is one of my favorite for videos around Utah. You've got some great stuff, and being over dramatic is part of your charm, haha.

Im a big fan of Crocket20, Joe Robinet, Tim Watson, Jaxx Drinkwater, Wasatch Gear Review and Will's channel too.