Yellowstone Lake - A Two Week Paddle Trip - July 28, 2019

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

SteveR

Interesting trip and great bonding time with Katie. From experience- as they grow up and move ahead with their lives, these times become much more precious and rare. Also, based on my own experience as an occasional paddler who has done multi-day canoe trips on a few larger lakes, as well as numerous sea kayak trips on the ocean, did you consider using a sea kayak? The next time we do a multi-day lake paddle- it will likely be in a (rented) double sea kayak, despite owning a decent canoe. As with everything there are plusses and minuses to that, but on flatwater, the sea kayak has an overwhelming advantage over an open canoe in winds and waves, and is faster and easier to paddle in calm water as well. Less cargo capacity though and more of a pain to load and unload especially if you are moving camp often.

scatman

I thought about buying a kayak about 15 years ago, but decided against it only because I knew I probably wouldn't use my canoes anymore. They sure do well when the lake turns rough.

Georgia Yankee

Just finished reading your TR. Loved it but it made my arms tired! My wife and I have been looking at doing a similar trip but can't ever seem to get our act together to apply for the permit. Cool that you heard wolves. +

McKee80

Wow, what an amazing adventure. Thanks for the detailed report, it was fun to follow along. That gizzly sighting is something you guys will always remember.

Miya

Because I am able.
Imma make sure to do Scat Yoga from now on haha.
Great share! Love the photos of you two laying down in your tent. Precious!