Yellowstone Lake - 2 Week Canoe Trip - Summer 2019

I have a night at the bicycle in camp by Grand Prismatic. I’ve never tried riding with my pack on, so I hope I don't kill myself. We’ll see. I have three nights between Blacktail Ponds and Roosevelt. I got a three night trip trip to Dunanda Falls, and two nights at Heart Lake. I got a clockwise trip around Shoshone Lake, starting at Delacy Creek. I’ve got one more out there, but I’m afraid it’s bad luck to tell. I’ll let you know if I get it. :)

As I said, if you need a shuttle, and I’m available, let me know. I’ll do what I can. I couldn’t haul a canoe and gear and people, but I could get a person back to their vehicle. (I have a Corolla. It goes great, but it doesn’t haul.) I work cheap—for karma.

Pringles

I was hoping that you would be joining us for a couple of days with your canoe. :) I'm planning on taking lots of photos, and I'll see if I can get my daughter to take a lot too.

We'll be in the midst of our cross-country road trip while you & your daughter are canoeing ...

I have a night at the bicycle in camp by Grand Prismatic. I’ve never tried riding with my pack on, so I hope I don't kill myself. We’ll see. I have three nights between Blacktail Ponds and Roosevelt. I got a three night trip trip to Dunanda Falls, and two nights at Heart Lake. I got a clockwise trip around Shoshone Lake, starting at Delacy Creek. I’ve got one more out there, but I’m afraid it’s bad luck to tell. I’ll let you know if I get it. :)

As I said, if you need a shuttle, and I’m available, let me know. I’ll do what I can. I couldn’t haul a canoe and gear and people, but I could get a person back to their vehicle. (I have a Corolla. It goes great, but it doesn’t haul.) I work cheap—for karma.

Pringles

They all sound like great trips. Not sure what you're itinerary is at Heart Lake, but if you are staying towards the south end of the lake, there is a well established game trail that runs the length of the southern shore up to just before the Heart River, that makes for a great day hike and a different perspective of the lake.

We'll have a shuttle vehicle for the canoe trip and the Mary Mountain hike, but I appreciate the offer.

Thanks for the information on the game trail. My site is on the west side of the lake. But I’ll have a free day. I was kind of thinking of taking an inflatable kayak and playing, but this might happen instead. :)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
scatman Yellowstone Lake - A Two Week Paddle Trip - July 28, 2019 On The Water 44
wsp_scott Yellowstone Lake to Brooks Lake (Aug 2023) Backpacking 16
shredhiker Yellowstone Heart Lake September 2022 Backpacking 9
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Wrangler Lake, Bog Creek, Joseph's Coat Springs, Broad Creek, Wapiti Lake, Hot Springs Basin, and Pelican Valley. The Second Half. Backpacking 15
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Wrangler Lake, Bog Creek, Joseph's Coat Springs, Broad Creek, Wapiti Lake, Hot Springs Basin, and Pelican Valley. Part One of Two. Backpacking 61
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Hayden Valley, Trout Creek, Beach Lake, and Arnica Creek Meadows. September 11, 2022. Hiking & Camping 7
P Yellowstone, one night by a lake Backpacking 19
P Yellowstone--Heart Lake to South Entrance Backpacking 13
scatman Shoshone Lake Lollipop Loop - Yellowstone National Park - July 24, 2022 Backpacking 63
scatman Grizzly Lake - Yellowstone National Park - September - 2022 Meet Up (Members Only) 149
P Overnight at Ice Lake, Yellowstone Backpacking 4
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Shoshone Lake, Ouzel Creek, and Three Rivers Junction -- September 13-16 2021 Backpacking 62
TractorDoc Off Trail to Yellowstone's Aster Lake and Upper Witch Creek -- September 13, 2021 Hiking & Camping 13
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Heart Lake -- September 14-17 2020 Backpacking 32
Yvonne Day Hike to Cache Lake, Yellowstone NP, August 2019 Hiking & Camping 6
P Ribbon Lake, Yellowstone Backpacking 6
P Heart Lake, Yellowstone Backpacking 13
scatman Grebe Lake, Headwaters of Lava Creek and Observation Peak, Yellowstone National Park - September 13, 2019 Backpacking 7
TeamJenkins17 Yellowstone Thorofare to Brooks lake trip next year. Trip Planning 6
scatman Grebe Lake - Yellowstone National Park - September Trip Planning 6
P Question about going around Shoshone Lake in Yellowstone Trip Planning 0
TractorDoc September Day Hike in Yellowstone -- Wrangler Lake and Beyond. Hiking & Camping 7
scatman Ice Lake, Yellowstone National Park - September 14, 2018 Backpacking 31
Rockskipper 59 years ago today - Hebgen Lake Quake/Yellowstone General Discussion 5
scatman Electric Peak and Sportsman Lake, Yellowstone National Park - August 9, 2018 Backpacking 38
scatman Plateau Lake and Buffalo Meadows, Yellowstone National Park 7/27 - 7/30 Backpacking 18
P Yellowstone Ice Lake overnight Backpacking 6
scatman Mallard Lake and DeLacy Lakes, Yellowstone National Park - June 30,2017 Backpacking 6
B Yellowstone --- backpacking trip to Shelf Lake Backpacking 6
Nick Yellowstone Lake Camping Tips Trip Planning 6
Joey Backpacking Yellowstone: Fairyland Basin, Josephs Coat, Wapiti Lake, and Pelican Valley Backpacking 35
Joey Backpacking Yellowstone's Snake River, Heart Lake, and South Boundary Trail Backpacking 13
Joey Backpacking Yellowstone's Shoshone Lake and Mr Bubbles in May Backpacking 15
scatman Delusion Lake - Yellowstone National Park - 8/2/15 Hiking & Camping 13
Joey Yellowstone's Bighorn Pass, Shelf Lake, Sportsman Lake, and Electric Pass Loop. Backpacking 10
Bob Shoshone Lake to the South Entrance, Yellowstone Backpacking 5
Joey The Sour Creek Expedition. An 8 day trip into Yellowstone's Wapiti Lake/Broad Creek Area Backpacking 17
Joey Trip Video: Yellowstone's Crescent Lake and High Lake Backpacking 6
Joey Yellowstone's Crescent Lake, High Lake, and Specimen Creek Backpacking 32
Joey Backpacking Yellowstone's Heart Lake down to the Snake River Backpacking 12
Yellowstone 1 Grizzly Lake, Yellowstone Trip Planning 0
Yellowstone 1 Trout Lake, Yellowstone Trip Planning 0
Yellowstone 1 Riddle Lake, Yellowstone Trip Planning 0
HomerJ Yellowstone - Shoshone Lake - 2010 Backpacking 8
isaac Yellowstone NP Campsite Reccs Trip Planning 3
Bob Island Park / Yellowstone Private Airport Development General Discussion 8
TheMountainRabbit News Release: Yellowstone National Park increases protection for bears and visitor safety by implementing changes to two bear management areas General Discussion 14
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Gallatin River -- September 7-9th 2023 Backpacking 12
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Nine / Day Nine + Ten! Backpacking 20
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Eight / Day Eight Backpacking 14