Yellow Knolls

I really want to know the names of various landmarks in this area. I've been over to the popular area of Red Cliffs (where the campground is and the short jaunt up the canyon to the cool narrows and pools), and I've even driven along that dirt road that connects the Oak Grove Rd to hwy 18 (not al the way, but a bit past those large water ponds and forested ranch area up there) and I wish I knew the names of the various creeks and canyons there.

Is this yellow knolls area west of that ranch up there? I remember driving along the road (west of the ranch, where the water for the Red cliffs campground comes from) and seeing these HUGE canyons drop off the side of the road and I was in awe that they didn't appear to be heavily traveled. Would this be the "Cottonwood Canyon" area previously talked about? (on the map it says "cottonwood trail" leading up to it).

I would think those canyons would make an fun backpacking trip.

Yes -- Yellow Knolls is up there on top, but farther west. The major drainages coming back to the east are Mill Creek, Washington Hollow, Cottonwood Creek, Heath Wash (below Yankee Doodle) and then the ranch area (I think) and then one more big drainage that I can't think of the name (home to Boltergeist technical route.)

- Jamal

Yes -- Yellow Knolls is up there on top, but farther west. The major drainages coming back to the east are Mill Creek, Washington Hollow, Cottonwood Creek, Heath Wash (below Yankee Doodle) and then the ranch area (I think) and then one more big drainage that I can't think of the name (home to Boltergeist technical route.)

- Jamal

I just looked up info on some of those canyons you mentioned. I love that there are some short/quick tech routes in that area to do. Seems like a perfect place to do some beginner-friendly canyoneering (Boltergeist and Yankee Doodle).